- Boys Football Dakota 27 Chippewa Valley 24 9/04
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Prep baseball players put on power display
July 18, 2014
DETROIT — Prep baseball palyers showed off their power during the inaugural Muscle Milk Heavy Hitter Home Run Derby.
The event, hosted by Detroit Tigers second baseman Ian Kinsler — a Muscle Milk athlete — featured 10 athletes, most of whom graduated this spring and will play at the NCAA level. The two-round contest took place July 17 at Wayne State University. Prior to the start of the derby, participating players received instructional batting practice from Kinsler.
Plymouth Christian grad Dan Jipping launched 30 bombs in the final round to best Walled Lake Northern's Brennan Williams, who hit 11 blasts in the finals. Jipping and Williams will play at Central Michigan University and Eastern Michigan University, respectively.
To advance to the finals, Williams crushed 14 balls, while Jipping smoked nine. Pontiac Notre Dame Prep grad and University of Cincinnati commit Luke Shilling hit eight home runs to just miss the cut.
Also finding the seats were Sterling Heights Stevenson junior Brandon Williams (seven home runs), Warren De La Salle's Hosea Belson (Oakland University) and West Bloomfield High's Dazon Cole (Central Michigan) each hit five homers, Orchard Lake St. Mary's teammates Julian Jones (Arkansas Pine-Bluff) and Will Salter (Michigan State University) each hit three bombs, and Muskegon Catholic Central sophomore Jacob Holt hit one out.
Participants were selected through the Muscle Milk Heavy Hitters program, which weekly highlights outstanding hitters throughout the high school season.