Published September 5, 2013
Local youth baseball, softball teams claim titles
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
Two local youth baseball and softball squads won championships in their respective summer leagues.
The Dodgers of the Sterling Heights Baseball Club won the league’s 14- and 15-year-old league by besting the Red Sox 24-2 in the championship game, played July 29 at Delia Park.
The Divas, members of the Sterling Heights Softball Club 11- and 12-year-old Girls Fastpich League, won their championship and finished the season 10-4.
The Divas bested the Shamrocks in the title game, as six teams qualified for the playoffs. The Divas went 3-0 in postseason play to capture the title.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Lamerato confident his Hawks will contend when consistency develops - Farmington Hills
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak