Macomb County, Oakland County
Local cheer teams qualify for regional round
Regionals set for Feb. 15
Posted February 17, 2014
The 2014 Michigan High School Athletic Association state cheerleading postseason begin with the district round Feb. 15 at various sites.
A number of teams in the C & G coverage area performed well enough to advance to regionals, which take place Feb. 22.
The following teams qualified for the regional round. Teams listed in bold won a district championship.
- Macomb Dakota, Sterling Heights Stevenson, Warren Cousino, Utica Ford II, Troy Athens, Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, Rochester High — all will compete in a D-1 regional at 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at Athens
- Lake Orion — will compete in a D-1 regional at 11 a.m. Feb. 22 at Hartland High.
- Warren Woods Tower, Auburn Hills Avondale, St. Clair Shores Lake Shore — all will compete in a D-2 regional at 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at Ortonville Brandon.
- Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Madison Heights Lamphere — will compete in a D-3 regional at 6 p.m. Feb. 22 at Oxford.
- Sterling Heights Parkway Christian — will compete in a D-4 regional at 6 p.m. Feb. 22 at Mason.
Check www.mhsaa.com for results on the various cheerleading tournaments.
About the author
Staff Writer Jason Carmel Davis covers prep sports throughout Macomb County. Jason has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2011 and graduated from Michigan State University.
More from C & G Newspapers
Macomb County / Oakland County