Macomb County, Oakland County
Local cheer teams qualify for regional round
February 17, 2014
The 2014 Michigan High School Athletic Association state cheerleading postseason begin with the district round Feb. 15 at various sites.
A number of teams in the C & G coverage area performed well enough to advance to regionals, which take place Feb. 22.
The following teams qualified for the regional round. Teams listed in bold won a district championship.
- Macomb Dakota, Sterling Heights Stevenson, Warren Cousino, Utica Ford II, Troy Athens, Rochester Hills Stoney Creek, Rochester High — all will compete in a D-1 regional at 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at Athens
- Lake Orion — will compete in a D-1 regional at 11 a.m. Feb. 22 at Hartland High.
- Warren Woods Tower, Auburn Hills Avondale, St. Clair Shores Lake Shore — all will compete in a D-2 regional at 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at Ortonville Brandon.
- Pontiac Notre Dame Prep, Madison Heights Lamphere — will compete in a D-3 regional at 6 p.m. Feb. 22 at Oxford.
- Sterling Heights Parkway Christian — will compete in a D-4 regional at 6 p.m. Feb. 22 at Mason.
Check www.mhsaa.com for results on the various cheerleading tournaments.
November 16, 2015
Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day
Thanks to two early scores, some lock-down defense, and a touchdown with just 5:25 remaining in regulation, the Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day football team picked up a 20-13 victory against Milan High in a Division 4 regional final on Nov. 14 and earned this week’s Team of the Week honor. Country Day, which had outscored its opponents 78-7 in the district round, advanced to the state semifinals for the second year in a row. The Yellowjackets (11-1) face Flint Powers Catholic (10-2) at 1 p.m. Nov. 21 at West Bloomfield High.