Published March 13, 2013
Local bowlers, teams see varying results at state finals
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
The Warren Lincoln boys bowling team had its season come to an end in the qualifying round of the 2013 Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 2 state finals.
The Abes finished 13 out of 18 teams in the qualifying round. The top eight teams advanced to the state quarters. Lincoln went 11-1 in winning the Macomb Area Conference Gold Division title this season.
On the girls side in D-2, the Warren Woods Tower and Center Line squads saw their seasons end in the qualifying round of the D-2 finals. The Titans and Panthers finished 13th and 17th, respectively.
Tower went 10-2 in the MAC Blue this season, while Center Line went 8-4 in the MAC Gold.
Individually, Fitzgerald junior Alec Nunn advanced to the round of 16, where he fell 394-366 to Bay City John Glenn’s Alex Ouellette in two games. Ouellette would wind up as state-runner up.
Lincoln junior Mitchell Blanchard was also knocked out in the round of 16, falling 376-375 to Tyler Marcus of South Lyon.
Sixty players advanced to the finals, with the top 16 scorers in the qualifying round moving on to the round of 16.
Also qualifying for the finals was Fitzgerald senior Jeremy LePage.
On the girls side, qualifying for the finals were Warren Regina senior Chandler Loveday, Tower sophomore Alexa Ingram, and Fitzgerald’s Tiffani Kimbrough (junior) and Jenna Logan (sophomore).
Local boys who qualified for the D-1 finals were Warren Mott senior Mike Churchill and Warren De La Salle sophomore Matt Minaudo.
Warren Cousino freshman Madison Paoletti qualified for the D-1 finals on the girls side.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- South Lake girls soccer coach hopes to keep league title streak alive - St. Clair Shores
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak