Published September 17, 2013
Local baseball players selected to national team
By Christian Davis email@example.com Follow Christian on Twitter.
Utica Ford II sophomore Pierce Banks played in the USSSA All-American baseball games Aug. 8-11.
Banks, a Sterling Heights resident, was also one of 15 athletes selected out of 150 to play on the U-16 national team that will compete for a gold medal in an international competition next August in Kissimmee, Fla.
Pictured are Banks, left, and Parker Yocca of Rochester. He was also selected to the national team.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak