- Football Sterling Heights Stevenson 35 Utica Ford 7 10/02
- Football Romeo 26 Macomb Dakota 14 10/02
- Boys soccer Macomb Dakota 1 L'Anse Creuse North 1 9/30
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Utica 0 9/30
- Boys soccer Troy 1 Troy Athens 0 9/29
- Volleyball Notre Dame Prep 3 Marian 1 9/29
- Boys soccer Utica Eisenhower 2 Chippewa Valley 0 9/28
- Boys tennis Brother Rice 6 Grosse Pointe South 2 9/28
St. Clair Shores
International disc golf competition coming to St. Clair Shores
October 15, 2013
ST. CLAIR SHORES — A disc golf event that markets itself as the biggest in the sport is coming to St. Clair Shores this weekend.
The Ace Race will take place at Brys Park, off of Harper and three blocks north of 8 Mile, from 12:30-3:30 p.m. Oct. 19. Discraft, the authority in disc sports, on its website calls the Ace Race a golbal event. The race takes place each year and goes from August to November, according to www.discraft.com.
Eric McCahill, coordinating the event, said his goal is to break the record for most players at a disc golf event, which is 309 during a tournament in Minnesota. Currently, McCahill said, 322 players have registered for the Oct. 19 event.
Prizes and awards will be handed out at the conclusion of the games.
Registration remains open for the games. For more information and to register, check http://www.discgolfscene.com/tournaments/Brys_Ace_Race_3_Presented_by_Sh....
September 28, 2015
Farmington Hills Harrison
Farmington Hills Harrison earned the honor after beating Southfield High 17-14 at home in a battle for first place in the Oakland Activities Association White Division. The win put the Hawks 4-0 (4-1 overall) in the division, a game ahead of Southfield. After trailing 14-7 at the half, Harrison scored 10 unanswered points, capped off by a 27-yard field goal by Alex Bolstrum with 10:57 left in the game. In the last four meetings between these rivals, each team has won twice with a 4.5 average margin of victory.