Orchard Lake, Walled Lake, West Bloomfield
Published February 27, 2014
Hockey, girls basketball postseasons in full swing
By Mike Moore email@example.com Follow Mike on Twitter.
On Feb. 24, the state playoffs in hockey and girls basketball officially launched.
In local hockey action, Orchard Lake St. Mary’s picked up a pair of victories, beating Birmingham Brother Rice 4-3 in a Feb. 26 regional semifinal two days after beating Waterford Mott 8-0 in the opener.
The Eaglets faced Novi Detroit Catholic Central in a Division 1 regional final March 1, after press time.
The quarterfinal game is scheduled for 7:30 p.m. at Yost Ice Arena in Ann Arbor, while the D-1 semifinals are at 5 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. March 1 at Compuware Arena in Plymouth.
The D-1 final is set for 6 p.m. March 8 at Compuware.
In other D-1 action, West Bloomfield High faced Rochester Hills Stoney Creek in a regional semifinal after press time.
Walled Lake Western fell to Novi High 8-0 in a D-2 regional semifinal Feb. 26.
The Warriors beat Walled Lake Central 7-4 in the playoff opener.
Walled Lake Northern fell to Hartland High 5-2 in its opener.
On the hardwood
In Class A basketball action, West Bloomfield reached the final of the Hartland High district by beating Walled Lake Northern 39-20 in a Feb. 26 semifinal.
The Lakers faced White Lake Lakeland in the final, after press time.
In the same district, Walled Lake Central fell to Lakeland 50-38 in the semifinal after beating Western 47-22 in an opener.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak