Grosse Pointe Farms
Published July 23, 2014
Grosse Pointe South
at Detroit Mumford (2013 overall record: 8-3) — Time TBA, Aug. 29
In its season opener, South meets Mumford for the first time ever. Mumford fell to Saint Clair in a Division 3 district final last year.
vs. Romeo (6-5) — 7 p.m. Sept. 5
This will be South’s first league game in the MAC White after playing in the MAC Blue since 2008. South’s last win against Romeo came in 2000.
at Anchor Bay (4-5) — 7 p.m. Sept. 12
South has defeated Anchor Bay twice since Anchor Bay’s last win in this series in 2001. Anchor Bay has one playoff appearance since 2005.
at Port Huron (5-4) — 7 p.m. Sept. 19
Port Huron has taken three out of the last four from South. The Blue Devils’ last victory in this series came in 2009.
vs. Grosse Pointe North (6-4) — 7 p.m. Sept. 26
South has won a school record four straight times against North, but the Norsemen lead the overall series 28-17.
at Utica Eisenhower (5-4) — 7 p.m. Oct. 3
South’s last win against Eisenhower came in 1998. The Eagles have shut out South the last two seasons while winning by scores of 39-0 and 6-0.
vs. Utica (4-5) — 7 p.m. Oct. 10
These two schools have not played since South last played in the MAC White in 2007, when the Blue Devils won 40-32. Prior to that, Utica won three straight against South from 2004-2006.
vs. Utica Ford (1-8) — 7 p.m. Oct. 17
South’s last win against Ford came in 1992, and the Falcons have won five straight since then. The two teams have not met since 2005.
at Macomb Dakota (11-1) — 7 p.m. Oct. 24
Dakota owns a 5-2 record against South in this series. Dakota has gone 21-3 over the last two seasons and has won two straight MAC Red and district titles.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak