Published February 4, 2014
Grapplers set to hit mats for postseason
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
METRO DETROIT — Wrestlers from all over the state are set to embark on what they, their teammates and coaches hope is a run that ends with a state title.
The 2014 Michigan High School Athletic Association state wrestling playoffs begin with the district round, set for Feb. 5-6 at various sites. Individual districts take place Feb. 8. Team and individual regionals are slated for Feb. 12 and Feb. 15, respectively.
The team state finals take place Feb. 21-22 at Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek. Individual state finals are Feb. 27-March 1 at The Palace of Auburn Hills.
Team champions from the C & G coverage area include Rochester Adams in 1998, Warren Lincoln in 1994, Mount Clemens in 1989, Madison Heights Madison in 1969 and Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day in 1978.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak