- Boys Football Dakota 27 Chippewa Valley 24 9/04
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
METRO DETROIT — Wrestlers from all over the state are set to embark on what they, their teammates and coaches hope is a run that ends with a state title.
The 2014 Michigan High School Athletic Association state wrestling playoffs begin with the district round, set for Feb. 5-6 at various sites. Individual districts take place Feb. 8. Team and individual regionals are slated for Feb. 12 and Feb. 15, respectively.
The team state finals take place Feb. 21-22 at Kellogg Arena in Battle Creek. Individual state finals are Feb. 27-March 1 at The Palace of Auburn Hills.
Team champions from the C & G coverage area include Rochester Adams in 1998, Warren Lincoln in 1994, Mount Clemens in 1989, Madison Heights Madison in 1969 and Beverly Hills Detroit Country Day in 1978.