Published August 29, 2013
Fraser defeats Marysville 52-25 in season opener
By Thomas Franz email@example.com
FRASER — Nate Heyward ran for 163 yards on 14 carries and scored two touchdowns to lead Fraser past Marysville 52-25 in the season opener for both teams Aug. 29 at home.
Junior quarterback Dean Snider added touchdown runs of 24 and 47 yards for the Ramblers.
Fraser also used defense and special teams to put points on the board. Linebacker Orande Roy returned an interception for a touchdown, and freshman T'shaun Kimbrough had a 78-yard punt return for a touchdown.
Troy Sorrell led Marysville in rushing with 95 yards on 11 carries. Dual-threat quarterback Josh Smith rushed 12 times for 87 yards and one touchdown, and he also had five completions for 81 yards, a touchdown and an interception.
Fraser will travel to Port Huron Northern next week while Marysville will visit Lake Shore.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak