Published July 25, 2014
Football conferences to host media days
By Jason Carmel Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jason on Twitter.
Local prep football coaches will provide information on their teams for the upcoming season as conferences invite members of the media in for 2014 media days.
The Macomb Area Conference will hold its media day at 3 p.m. Aug. 5 at Clinton Township Chippewa Valley. The Oakland Activities Association media day is set for Aug. 8 at a site to be determined. The Kensington Lakes Activities Association will also hold a media day, but date and site information was not available at press time.
The KLAA held its first media day last season at Novi High School. The Aug. 5 happening will be the first for the MAC.
The events are open to the public.
Coaches from each school within each league are asked to attend and be ready to answer questions on the upcoming season related to things such as player personnel and season outlook.
Madison Heights Lamphere Athletic Director Russ McKenzie heads up MAC football and said in a release the media day gives the MAC a chance to show what the league has to offer.
Information from the coaches will be published in the 2014 C & G Newspapers Football Preview Aug. 27-28. The preview will also be available at www.candgnews.com.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak