Published June 4, 2014
Esler hosts All Star Basketball Camp
By Jason Carmel Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jason on Twitter.
Greg Esler’s All Star Basketball Camp is June 23-27 at Macomb Community College in Warren. The camp is for boys and girls going into grades 3-12, costs $150 per player and is open to the first 200 applicants.
The last nine camps have sold out. The daily schedule runs from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Each camper receives a free basketball and T-shirt.
Esler, the varsity coach at Warren De La Salle, will welcome some former players throughout the week, including Western Michigan forward Connar Tava and former Northwestern University standout Alex Marcotullio. Mike Fox of St. Clair Shores-based Next Level Fitness will be on hand for fitness drills.
“At the end of the week, (the campers) will be tired but excited about the game of basketball,” Esler said. “They will have a better understanding of the game of basketball, proper conditioning and the importance of getting good grades — even in the third grade. It’s never too early to start.”
Esler was inducted into the Basketball Coaches Association of Michigan Hall of Fame in 2012 and has more that 475 career victories, including five CHSL titles and one state championship (Lake Shore 1994). He was also named one of the top 6 coaches in Michigan by USA Today.
For more information, call Esler at (586) 961-2482.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Eastpointe teen to travel to Las Vegas to compete in national competition - Eastpointe
- Utica High’s lacrosse team plays second full season - Utica
- Clawson High softball learning on the fly - Clawson
- Different look, same ambitions and expectations for Brother Rice baseball - Birmingham
- Dakota baseball coach looking for consistency from young team - Macomb Township
- Brother Rice struggles in opener but earns split at Divine Child in Saturday baseball action - Birmingham
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- South Lake girls soccer coach hopes to keep league title streak alive - St. Clair Shores
- Cousino lacrosse having a breakout season - Warren
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak