Published July 18, 2014
Eastpointe East Detroit
at Roseville High (1-8) — 7 p.m. Aug. 28
The Panthers have dominated the series of late. East Detroit is 2-12 against Roseville since 2000 and has been held to 7 points or fewer six times in that stretch. The Shamrocks were shut out by Roseville 18-0 last year.
at Clinton Township Clintondale (9-1) – 7 p.m. Sept. 5
Clintondale blanked East Detroit 38-0 last season. The Shamrocks are 1-3 in their last four meetings with the Dragons. Over that span, Clintondale has outscored East Detroit by 103 points.
vs. Madison Heights Madison (11-1) — 7 p.m. Sept. 12
The Shamrocks will look to turn their fortunes around in this series. The Eagles are 4-0 all time vs. East Detroit — all since 2010.
vs. Warren Fitzgerald (2-7) – 7 p.m. Sept. 19
East Detroit beat Fitzgerald 41-20 to end a two-game losing skid. The week four meeting with be the seventh for the Shamrocks and Spartans, dating back to 2008. The series is tied 3-3.
at Port Huron Northern (2-7) — 7 p.m. Sept. 26
The first meeting between the Shamrocks and Huskies since 1995, Northern blanked East Detroit 40-0. The Shamrocks have lost four straight in the series, with their last win coming in a 16-6 triumph in 1990.
at Warren Lincoln (4-5) — 7 p.m. Oct. 3
East Detroit downed Lincoln 33-26 in 2011. The squads have met 11 times, but this year will mark just the third meeting since 1957.
vs. St. Clair Shores South Lake (4-5) — 1 p.m. Oct. 11
South Lake has bested East Detroit in each of the last two seasons — 13-6 in 2013 and 44-13 in 2012. The Oct. 11 meeting is just the fourth for the 9 Mile neighbors since 1972.
at St. Clair Shores Lake Shore (4-5) — 7 p.m. Oct. 17
Just the third meeting ever between the Shamrocks and Shorians. Lake Shore downed East Detroit 43-27 in 2010 and 41-22 in 2011.
vs. Clawson High (7-3) — 7 p.m. Oct. 24
This end-of-the-season matchup represents the third meeting of East Detroit and Clawson — all coming since 2012. This will be the rubber match — East Detroit beat Clawson 34-28 in 2012 and then lost 58-34 last season.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak