Auburn Hills, Battle Creek, Berkley, Beverly Hills, Bingham Farms, Birmingham, Bloomfield Hills, Bloomfield Township, Center Line, Chesterfield Township, Clarkston, Clawson, Clinton Township, Commerce Township, Dearborn, Detroit, Eastpointe, Farmington, Farmington Hills, Ferndale, Franklin, Fraser, Grosse Pointe City, Grosse Pointe Farms, Grosse Pointe Park, Grosse Pointe Shores, Grosse Pointe Woods, Grosse Pointes, Harper Woods, Harrison Township, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods, Keego Harbor, Lake Orion, Lansing, Lathrup Village, Livonia, Macomb County, Macomb Township, Madison Heights, Metro Detroit, Mount Clemens, New Baltimore, New Haven, Northeast Detroit, Novi, Oak Park, Oakland County, Oakland Township, Orchard Lake, Pleasant Ridge, Pontiac, Ray Township, Rochester, Rochester Hills, Romeo, Roseville, Royal Oak, Royal Oak Township, Shelby Township, Southfield, St. Clair Shores, Sterling Heights, Sylvan Lake, Troy, Utica, Walled Lake, Warren, Washington Township, Wayne County, West Bloomfield
Published July 17, 2013
Detroit Pistons to hold auditions for dance team
By Mark Vest email@example.com Follow Mark on Twitter.
AUBURN HILLS — The Detroit Pistons dance team is looking for dancers who are talented, outgoing and energetic when auditions are held for the 2013-14 Detroit Pistons Dancers July 21-22, according to a release.
Dancers will be judged on dance ability, athleticism, personality, self-confidence, and the ability to be a team player. Participants must be 18 years old or older by Oct. 1.
All participants are required to wear dance attire and must submit a headshot and resume at registration.
Registration is scheduled for 8 a.m. July 21 in the West Atrium of The Palace of Auburn Hills, with initial auditions scheduled for 9 a.m.
The preliminary round consists of two sets of choreography — one jazz routine and one hip-hop routine.
Dancers will learn the first routine and audition in groups of eight in front of a panel of judges before the first cuts are made. Dancers will then learn a second routine and audition in smaller groups in front of the judges.
Dancers who make it through the final round of cuts advance to the semi-final, which are scheduled to be held July 22 at Great Lakes Golf & Sports Complex in Auburn Hills. Registration for the semifinals is 5:30 p.m., with auditions at 6 p.m.
For more information, go to www.nba.com/pistons/dance.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak