Published August 1, 2014
De La Salle football to play its 2014 home games at Wayne State
By Jason Carmel Davis email@example.com Follow Jason on Twitter.
WARREN — Officials from Warren De La Salle Aug. 1 announced the Pilots’ football team will play its 2014 home games at Wayne State University.
The announcement detailed that De La Salle, which played its home contests at St. Clair Shores Lake Shore last season, will likely be the only prep football team to play its home games inside an NCAA stadium.
“Wayne State’s facility is a premiere NCAA Division (II) field,” said De La Salle Athletic Director Brian Kelly in the release. “Our football players, as well as those of the visiting teams, will be able to play in a big-game atmosphere on one of the finest campuses in the state.
“The location is a 20-minute drive via expressway from (De La Salle) and affords those alumni and other fans of De La Salle football the opportunity to watch some of the best high school football in the state of Michigan at a large and comfortable stadium.”
The Warriors’ stadium has a capacity of about 6,000, according to the website stadiumsusa.com. Tom Adams field at WSU will also be the site of the 2014 Prep Kickoff Classic Aug. 28-30.
Warren De La Salle 2014 home schedule (all games at 7 p.m.)
vs. Clarke Road Secondary Academy (Ontario) — Sept. 5
vs. Canada Prep Academy (Ontario) — Sept. 12
vs. Birmingham Brother Rice — Sept. 19
vs. Orchard Lake St. Mary’s — Sept. 26
vs. Dearborn Fordson — Oct. 3
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- College hoops coaches to team up in effort to help ‘beat cancer’ - Bloomfield Hills
- Chippewa Valley senior volleyball standout to take her talents to the next level - Clinton Township
- Lake Shore girls soccer coach stressing continual improvement - St. Clair Shores
- OAA boys basketball names honor teams - Oakland County
- L’Anse Creuse baseball eyeing first division title since 2005 - Harrison Township
- Avondale baseball getting into the swing of things - Troy
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak