Published February 2, 2014
De La Salle boys swim team wins 2014 Macomb County championship
By Jason Carmel Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Jason on Twitter.
MACOMB TOWNSHIP — The Warren De La Salle boys swimming and diving team had no Macomb County championship titles until winning its first in 2013.
After the Feb. 1 county championships, the Pilots now have two.
De La Salle tallied 378 to win the 2014 Macomb County Swimming and Diving Championships, which took place Feb. 1 at Macomb L'Anse Creuse North. The Pilots bested their 2013 total of 310 points.
Macomb Dakota finished second with 253 points — 125 behind De La Salle. The Pilots beat second-place Harrison Township L'Anse Creuse by 59 points in 2013.
Fraser High (243 points), Clinton Township Chippewa Valley (215) and Anchor Bay (154) round out the top five.
Twenty teams competed in the county championships.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak