Published February 19, 2014
Dakota cheer team wins district title
By Christian Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Follow Christian on Twitter.
The Macomb Dakota cheer team outscored 13 other teams to capture a Michigan High School Athletic Association Division 1 district title in a competition that took place Feb. 15 at Sterling Heights Stevenson.
The Cougars, champions of the Macomb Area Conference Red Division, tallied 761.90 points to win the district title. Dakota advances to a D-1 regional set for 10 a.m. Feb. 22 at Troy Athens.
Sterling Heights Stevenson finished second with 752.10 points. Warren Cousino (744.96) and Utica Ford II (741.54) round out the top four, which all advance to regionals. Macomb L’Anse Creuse North (670.66) finished in 10th place.
In a D-3 district Feb. 15 at Armada, Macomb Lutheran North tallied 595.34 points and finished in 14th place.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Wayne State softball team takes aim at another successful postseason - Detroit
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak