Published October 31, 2013
Chippewa Valley learns playoff path
By Thomas Franz email@example.com
The MHSAA unveiled the postseason football brackets on Sunday evening, and Chippewa Valley will be hosting a predistrict game against L’Anse Creuse North.
North won the MAC Blue Division with an 8-1 record.
The Crusaders have played several high-scoring games this season, averaging 43 points per game on offense while giving up an average of 26 points per contest. Quarterback Sean Koski leads the Crusaders’ offense.
Chippewa enters the postseason with an 8-1 record also. The Big Reds finished in second in the MAC Red to Macomb Dakota. Running backs Doug Roberts and Troy Taylor lead Chippewa’s offense.
Against common opponents, Chippewa defeated Romeo 21-11 while North beat Romeo 25-10. North beat Anchor Bay 54-12 while Chippewa won in similar fashion by a score of 42-6. The lone difference in results against common opponents is North’s 33-21 loss to Grosse Pointe North; Chippewa defeated the Norsemen 42-22.
The winner of this matchup will take on the winner of Warren De La Salle and Macomb Dakota in a district final.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Times may be a-changing for Oakland University golf program - Metro Detroit
- Utica Ford boys golf tops at 2015 Evans-Gill tournament - Ray Township
- Troy and Athens softball set to face off for first — and only — meeting - Troy
- Mercy softball stays perfect on the season, wins by mercy twice in doubleheader sweep of Ladywood - Farmington Hills
- New Tower baseball coach sees potential in young team - Warren
- Hazel Park High girls soccer young, but with high expectations - Hazel Park
- Eisenhower lacrosse has sights set on another MAC Red title - Shelby Township
- Catholic League honors boys, girls hoops teams - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Area Conference names season’s top hockey players - Macomb County
- Center Line baseball to lean on defense and pitching, manufacturing runs - Center Line
- Gasparotto challenging his Farmington soccer squad with hopes of playoff payoff - Farmington
- Roseville High softball coach teaching positivity, joy of the game - Roseville
- Lake Shore softball hopes to build on last season’s run to regionals - St. Clair Shores
- Royal Oak coach rewarded for greatness - Royal Oak