- Boys Football Dakota PPD Chippewa Valley PPD 9/03
- Boys Football Southfield Lathrup 7 Royal Oak High 21 9/03
- Boys Tennis Troy Athens 5 Rochester 3 9/02
- Boys Tennis Fraser 6 Chippewa Valley 2 9/02
- Boys Soccer Rochester Adams 1 De La Salle 0 9/01
- Boys Soccer Brother Rice 2 Fenton 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Macomb Dakota 1 Utica 0 8/31
- Boys Soccer Sterling Heights Stevenson 4 Grosse Pointe North 0 8/31
Madison Heights, Royal Oak
Bishop Foley boys basketball loses to Detroit Consortium in regional final
March 13, 2013
MADISON HEIGHTS — Bishop Foley's boys basketball season came to a close after being defeated by Detroit Consortium 68-35 in a Class C regional final March 13 on the Ventures' home court.
Consortium took control early, gaining an 11-point advantage in the first quarter. The Cougars expanded their lead even further in the second quarter and led 35-20 at halftime.
"The kids came together," said Consortium co-coach Anthony Atwater. "Got one goal — just trying to win the state championship.Got a long journey still ahead, but (we're) gonna be fine."
Despite his team's exit from the postseason, Foley coach Marc West was able to look back at the Ventures' season with appreciation.
"When you end a season, you end a career for these seniors, you're gonna remember the good things," he said. "You're gonna remember the Catholic League championship, the district championship, (and) the great moment we had here Monday night (a March 11 victory against Detroit Loyola), advancing on to the regional final. It was a special season for them."
Joseph Moorman and Joshua Jackson had 16 points apiece to lead Consortium.
The Ventures were led in scoring by DeAndre' Jackson, who had 12 points.
The Cougars advance to the quarterfinals, where they will face Flint Beecher, scheduled for 7 p.m. March 19 at West Bloomfield.