Woman found dead outside apartment complex
Published April 11, 2013
Neighbors called police the evening of April 9 after they found a local woman dead in a creek at the Spring Hill apartment complex at West Utica and Mound roads.
Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said the 41-year-old woman was discovered face down in about 6 inches of water. He said emergency medical services personnel and police found that she had already died.
“It appears to be the result of some kind of medical problem,” Woelkers said, citing the medical examiner’s preliminary investigation. “No foul play is suspected.”
He said the medical examiner would be conducting an autopsy.
“She went out to do something. … (The residents) went looking for her and that’s when they found her,” Woelkers said.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe