Neighbors called police the evening of April 9 after they found a local woman dead in a creek at the Spring Hill apartment complex at West Utica and Mound roads.
Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said the 41-year-old woman was discovered face down in about 6 inches of water. He said emergency medical services personnel and police found that she had already died.
“It appears to be the result of some kind of medical problem,” Woelkers said, citing the medical examiner’s preliminary investigation. “No foul play is suspected.”
He said the medical examiner would be conducting an autopsy.
“She went out to do something. … (The residents) went looking for her and that’s when they found her,” Woelkers said.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘Friends don’t steal from the dead’ - Farmington Hills
- Roseville Wal-Mart evacuates for bomb scare - Roseville
- Bike network to connect six Woodward communities - Ferndale
- Harper Woods police officer killed in crash - Harper Woods
- Shelby dentist makes impact in Haiti - Shelby Township
- Body of Southfield fire chief found in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- Team Kayla gears up to ‘Head for the Cure’ - Madison Heights
- Fatal crash occurs on Hayes Road - Macomb Township
- New boutique focuses on power of positivity - Madison Heights
- Suspicious man reported near school playground - St. Clair Shores
- Great Lakes water levels reach highest point since 1998 - Metro Detroit
- Allegedly drunken driver runs stop sign, crashes into business - Harrison Township
- Farmers market coming July 26 - St. Clair Shores
- Gone with the graffiti - Utica