Neighbors called police the evening of April 9 after they found a local woman dead in a creek at the Spring Hill apartment complex at West Utica and Mound roads.
Shelby Township Police Chief Roland Woelkers said the 41-year-old woman was discovered face down in about 6 inches of water. He said emergency medical services personnel and police found that she had already died.
“It appears to be the result of some kind of medical problem,” Woelkers said, citing the medical examiner’s preliminary investigation. “No foul play is suspected.”
He said the medical examiner would be conducting an autopsy.
“She went out to do something. … (The residents) went looking for her and that’s when they found her,” Woelkers said.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township