Woman dead, four injured in car crash on 19 Mile
October 3, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One woman was killed and four others injured after a two-car crash Sept. 28, on 19 Mile Road near Dalcoma Drive in Clinton Township.
All of the occupants were taken by ambulance to Henry Ford Macomb Hospital nearby on 19 Mile, Clinton Township Police Lt. Raymund Macksoud said in a news release.
The 30-year-old woman, Clinton Township resident Jennifer Palmer, was pronounced dead at the hospital at about 4:40 p.m. Sept. 28.
Palmer was driving a Ford Fusion in the right lane of eastbound 19 Mile at about 1:20 p.m. when she was struck on the driver’s side by a westbound Chevy SUV that had crossed the center lane and went into her lane. Police said that the driver of the Chevy SUV is a 34-year-old man from Clinton Township.
Lt. Anthony Greene said on Oct. 1 that no autopsy had yet been conducted. It’s unclear whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the fatal accident, and the names of the four injured people had not been released at press time.
“We are continuing the investigation and looking at the development of possible charges,” Greene said.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit