Wittenberg, Ryan win 27th District state representative primaries
August 5, 2014
Democrat Robert Wittenberg and Republican Michael Ryan won their respective Aug. 5 primary races and will face off in November for the state representative seat in the 27th District.
Wittenberg ran in the more contested Democratic race against opposition Andrew Cissell, Joe McHugh, Rudy Serra and Kelli Williams. With all 44 precincts reporting, Wittenberg took 4,165 of the total 9,468 votes, accounting for almost 44 percent of all votes.
Wittenberg swept all precincts in Berkley, Huntington Woods and Pleasant Ridge as well as picking up two precincts in Ferndale, two precincts in Hazel Park and 13 of the 16 Oak Park precincts.
Serra and Williams were the only other two Democratic candidates to win at least one precinct. Serra claimed almost 20 percent of all votes, Williams took about 15 percent, McHugh brought in just more than 11 percent and Cissell accounted for nearly 10 percent.
Ryan ran in a two-man race against Mark Manier for the Republican nomination and claimed 1,382 of the total 2,060 votes, accounting for just more than 67 percent of all votes.
After splitting the one Royal Oak Township precinct with reported votes, Ryan won all precincts in Berkley, Ferndale, Hazel Park, Huntington Woods and Pleasant Ridge while taking 13 of the 16 Oak Park precincts.
Check back with www.candgnews.com and the Aug. 13 edition of the Woodward Talk for more on the primary election.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township