Published September 3, 2013
Warren man dies in motorcycle accident
By April Lehmbeck email@example.com
A 36-year-old Warren resident died at the scene of an accident after losing control while exiting Interstate 696 onto 11 Mile shortly after midnight Sept. 3, according to police information.
He was not wearing a helmet at the time of the crash. The motorcyclist struck the freeway overpass fencing. Police were unsure at press time whether alcohol was involved in the accident.
His 24-year-old passenger, a woman from St. Clair Shores, was taken to a local hospital where she was last listed in “extremely grave condition” with massive injuries to her head. She wasn’t wearing a helmet, either.
“The preliminary investigation has led investigators to believe that the driver of the motorcycle exited the freeway at an extremely high rate of speed,” police stated in a news release. “It is believed that due to the high rate of speed, the victim was unable to negotiate a bend in the road way at the top of the ramp. Unable to make the turn, the victim crashed head-on into the protective wall and fencing that lines the overpass taking 11 Mile Road over I-696.”
The Roseville Police Department’s Major Crash Investigation Team is continuing the investigation into the accident.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Thoroughbred meet starting soon at Hazel Park Raceway - Hazel Park
- E-Lounge and I-Connect begin 2015 season - Madison Heights
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- Parents speak out about racism in schools - Bloomfield Hills
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley