Two drivers injured in car crash on Clinton River Road
Published October 17, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One driver is in stable condition while another is in intensive care after a car crash that occurred on Clinton River Road.
At approximately 11:34 a.m. on Oct. 16, a 19-year-old male driver of a green Honda sedan was traveling east on Clinton River Road toward Romeo Plank. The driver lost control on the curve and entered westbound Clinton River sideways, colliding with a full-size red Econoline van heading westbound. The Honda was struck directly on its driver side doors.
The driver of the Econoline is a 62-year-old man said to be in stable condition. Capt. Richard Maierle said that the 19-year-old male is in critical condition.
Both drivers are Clinton Township residents and were being treated at McLaren Macomb Hospital at press time. It is unknown whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash, although speed may have been a contributing factor.
At press time there were no names disclosed and no thorough explanation of injuries. Witnesses or anyone having pertinent information associated with the accident are instructed to contact the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7802 or Lt. Raymund Macksoud at (586) 493-7933.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township