Two drivers injured in car crash on Clinton River Road
October 17, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — One driver is in stable condition while another is in intensive care after a car crash that occurred on Clinton River Road.
At approximately 11:34 a.m. on Oct. 16, a 19-year-old male driver of a green Honda sedan was traveling east on Clinton River Road toward Romeo Plank. The driver lost control on the curve and entered westbound Clinton River sideways, colliding with a full-size red Econoline van heading westbound. The Honda was struck directly on its driver side doors.
The driver of the Econoline is a 62-year-old man said to be in stable condition. Capt. Richard Maierle said that the 19-year-old male is in critical condition.
Both drivers are Clinton Township residents and were being treated at McLaren Macomb Hospital at press time. It is unknown whether drugs or alcohol were factors in the crash, although speed may have been a contributing factor.
At press time there were no names disclosed and no thorough explanation of injuries. Witnesses or anyone having pertinent information associated with the accident are instructed to contact the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7802 or Lt. Raymund Macksoud at (586) 493-7933.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township