Troy police officer faces drunken driving charge
Published January 28, 2014
Troy police took an off-duty Troy police officer into custody after officers reportedly saw the pickup truck the officer was driving strike a median curb on Big Beaver twice just after midnight Jan. 18.
Troy police Sgt. Andy Breidenich said the Troy Police Department will not release the name of the officer until after arraignment.
According to reports, officers approached the driver of the pickup truck after the truck drove on the median near Rochester Road, then came to a stop. Police then discovered that the driver was an off-duty Troy police officer.
Police said the officer and the inside of the vehicle smelled strongly of alcohol. The officer reportedly refused to take a breath test, and after investigation by a police supervisor, was taken into custody for drunken driving. Police obtained a search warrant for a blood draw. The Michigan State Police analyzed the sample and said the blood alcohol count was 0.27 percent, more than three times the legal limit.
Troy police have placed the officer on administrative leave pending outcome of the criminal and internal investigations.
The Oakland County Prosecutor’s Office is reviewing the case.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe