Three suspects were arrested in connection with two armed robberies that occurred in Roseville Oct. 25, and if convicted, they could face up to life in prison.
Ryan Bluestein, 23, and Tanyesha Bell, 18, of Clinton Township, and Louis Berry, 21, of Detroit, are each facing five counts of armed robbery, an associated five counts of felony firearm, one count of conspiracy to commit armed robbery, and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle.
The three were arraigned in 39th District Court in Roseville Oct. 28 They all pleaded not guilty and requested court-appointed attorneys. They have preliminary examinations scheduled for 8:15 a.m. Nov. 6.
According to Deputy Police Chief Donald Glandon, the first robbery took place on Martin Road, east of Gratiot Avenue, at about 10 p.m. Oct. 25. Three teens were walking on Martin Road when two people approached them. One suspect apparently displayed a handgun, demanded the teenagers’ cellphones and took money from one of them before both suspects ran back to a vehicle occupied by two others and fled the scene.
The second incident took place at about midnight in a parking lot at 12 Mile Road and Gratiot Avenue. Two suspects allegedly approached two victims, apparently displayed a handgun and demanded the victims’ cellphones before stealing a pair of glasses from one of the victims. They then fled on foot through the parking lot.
Detectives learned of similar incidents taking place in Eastpointe and Detroit, and Glandon said that information led to police performing a traffic stop at Gratiot and Frazho Oct. 26 and making the three arrests.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- Multitasking your workout - Metro Detroit
- New web series features talents of local actors - St. Clair Shores
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township