Three suspects were arrested in connection with two armed robberies that occurred in Roseville Oct. 25, and if convicted, they could face up to life in prison.
Ryan Bluestein, 23, and Tanyesha Bell, 18, of Clinton Township, and Louis Berry, 21, of Detroit, are each facing five counts of armed robbery, an associated five counts of felony firearm, one count of conspiracy to commit armed robbery, and one count of carrying a concealed weapon in a vehicle.
The three were arraigned in 39th District Court in Roseville Oct. 28 They all pleaded not guilty and requested court-appointed attorneys. They have preliminary examinations scheduled for 8:15 a.m. Nov. 6.
According to Deputy Police Chief Donald Glandon, the first robbery took place on Martin Road, east of Gratiot Avenue, at about 10 p.m. Oct. 25. Three teens were walking on Martin Road when two people approached them. One suspect apparently displayed a handgun, demanded the teenagers’ cellphones and took money from one of them before both suspects ran back to a vehicle occupied by two others and fled the scene.
The second incident took place at about midnight in a parking lot at 12 Mile Road and Gratiot Avenue. Two suspects allegedly approached two victims, apparently displayed a handgun and demanded the victims’ cellphones before stealing a pair of glasses from one of the victims. They then fled on foot through the parking lot.
Detectives learned of similar incidents taking place in Eastpointe and Detroit, and Glandon said that information led to police performing a traffic stop at Gratiot and Frazho Oct. 26 and making the three arrests.
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- Court pushes back exam dates for crash survivors - Romeo
- From sanitarium to state park - Metro Detroit
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit