WARREN — Two employees at a Warren dollar store told police they were robbed by an armed man who entered the business at closing time Sept. 15.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, a 21-year-old Warren woman working at Dollar General near Schoenherr and 13 Mile Road said she emerged from a stockroom at about 9 p.m. and encountered the suspect described as a thin black male — about 5 feet, 8 inches tall — wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with teal stripes and a black mask. The suspect was reportedly armed with a handgun.
“She comes out of the back room and she sees him standing at the end of the aisle,” Metz said. “Because he’s got this mask on and a gun in his hand, she gets scared. She turns to run. He grabs her and walks her to the back room.”
The suspect then allegedly ordered the employee and another worker, a 51-year-old Roseville woman, to the front of the store and yelled, “Get the money.” He allegedly demanded their phones, as well as store cash.
The suspect eventually left with an undisclosed amount of money in a Dollar General bag.
No one was injured, and police continued to investigate the robbery.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the case can reach Warren police at (586) 574-4700.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township