WARREN — Two employees at a Warren dollar store told police they were robbed by an armed man who entered the business at closing time Sept. 15.
According to Warren Police Detective Lt. Heidi Metz, a 21-year-old Warren woman working at Dollar General near Schoenherr and 13 Mile Road said she emerged from a stockroom at about 9 p.m. and encountered the suspect described as a thin black male — about 5 feet, 8 inches tall — wearing a dark hooded sweatshirt with teal stripes and a black mask. The suspect was reportedly armed with a handgun.
“She comes out of the back room and she sees him standing at the end of the aisle,” Metz said. “Because he’s got this mask on and a gun in his hand, she gets scared. She turns to run. He grabs her and walks her to the back room.”
The suspect then allegedly ordered the employee and another worker, a 51-year-old Roseville woman, to the front of the store and yelled, “Get the money.” He allegedly demanded their phones, as well as store cash.
The suspect eventually left with an undisclosed amount of money in a Dollar General bag.
No one was injured, and police continued to investigate the robbery.
Anyone with information about the suspect or the case can reach Warren police at (586) 574-4700.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘Friends don’t steal from the dead’ - Farmington Hills
- Roseville Wal-Mart evacuates for bomb scare - Roseville
- Bike network to connect six Woodward communities - Ferndale
- Harper Woods police officer killed in crash - Harper Woods
- Shelby dentist makes impact in Haiti - Shelby Township
- Body of Southfield fire chief found in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- Team Kayla gears up to ‘Head for the Cure’ - Madison Heights
- Fatal crash occurs on Hayes Road - Macomb Township
- New boutique focuses on power of positivity - Madison Heights
- Suspicious man reported near school playground - St. Clair Shores
- Great Lakes water levels reach highest point since 1998 - Metro Detroit
- Allegedly drunken driver runs stop sign, crashes into business - Harrison Township
- Farmers market coming July 26 - St. Clair Shores
- Gone with the graffiti - Utica