Teen killed in undercover drug investigation
March 13, 2013
SOUTHFIELD — An undercover officer reportedly shot and killed a 17-year-old resident March 12 during a drug investigation at the Cornerstone Village condominium complex.
According to a press release issued by Undersheriff Michael McCabe of the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office, the Narcotics Enforcement Team was conducting an undercover operation at the complex, located off of Greenfield Road, north of Nine Mile Road, at around 3:45 p.m. March 12.
“During the investigation, a suspect pulled a weapon on one of the undercover NET officers and placed the weapon to the (officer’s) head in an attempt to rob him,” McCabe said in the statement. “The officer pulled his gun and was able to fire shots that struck the suspect.”
The suspect was reportedly transported to a local hospital and pronounced dead shortly after; the officer was not harmed.
NET is a multijurisdictional drug taskforce, supervised by the Oakland County Sheriff’s Office. The force is made up of officers from 13 local police agencies and the Drug Enforcement Agency.
The Special Investigations Unit from the Sheriff’s Office, along with the Southfield Police Department, is investigating the crime.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores