Farmington Hills police are on the lookout for a robbery suspect possibly connected to a homicide that occurred earlier Dec. 28 at Tom’s Party Store, 20925 Inkster Road, officials said.
At about 12:30 p.m., police officers prepared to assist another police agency with an armed robbery in which the victim, a store clerk, had been shot, according to a police press release.
While driving to the area to assist, a Farmington Hills officer was flagged down by a witness who said the robbery had occurred at the store on Inkster Road, north of Eight Mile Road.
The suspect is described as a black man, approximately 6 feet tall and 180 pounds, wearing a dark-green jacket and a winter hat.
According to the press release, the witness said he had walked into the party store and saw a man walking out. The witness then discovered that the clerk had been shot.
Officers searched for the suspect, Sgt. John Piggott said. A police K-9 unit and police helicopters were called to the scene to assist.
Piggott said that there is no further information to report.
“(There is) nothing as of now. We still have officers down on the scene processing, and investigators are still working,” Piggott said.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2610.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods