Police are searching for a suspect believed to have broken into several local businesses in Farmington Hills after hours May 14.
The Speedy Gas Station at 29372 Grand River and the Meadows Party Store at 21099 Farmington Road were both broken into, according to a press release issued by the Police Department.
The gas station was targeted at around 1:32 a.m., and the party store at 2:14 a.m. Thanks to the surveillance camera set up in the party store, authorities have suspect photos they are hoping lead them to an arrest for these crimes.
“We believe the suspect is responsible for both incidents,” Cmdr. Matt Koehn of the Farmington Hills Police Department said. “Because of the time frame and motive, it seems to be the same person.”
Since both establishments were closed during the reported crimes, Koehn noted, it has been a challenge to determine exactly what was stolen.
So far, several cartons of cigarettes appear to be missing from the gas station, and money and a bottle of liquor from the party store.
Entry was gained to both businesses by smashing the front windows and doors, Koehn added, and authorities have no reason to believe the man was armed.
Koehn explained that the cities of Farmington and Livonia also had similar breaking and entering incidents that morning, at the same kind of establishments, so the departments are working together.
“Since the crimes are of a similar nature, that’s very common that we would work together,” he added.
The wanted suspected is described as a stocky black man wearing blue jeans, a black shirt, a black jacket and black shoes/boots, according to the press release. His lower facial area is covered by a black mask in the images, but it is noted that he was wearing a diamond-stud type earring in his left ear.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2610.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township