Police are searching for a suspect believed to have broken into several local businesses in Farmington Hills after hours May 14.
The Speedy Gas Station at 29372 Grand River and the Meadows Party Store at 21099 Farmington Road were both broken into, according to a press release issued by the Police Department.
The gas station was targeted at around 1:32 a.m., and the party store at 2:14 a.m. Thanks to the surveillance camera set up in the party store, authorities have suspect photos they are hoping lead them to an arrest for these crimes.
“We believe the suspect is responsible for both incidents,” Cmdr. Matt Koehn of the Farmington Hills Police Department said. “Because of the time frame and motive, it seems to be the same person.”
Since both establishments were closed during the reported crimes, Koehn noted, it has been a challenge to determine exactly what was stolen.
So far, several cartons of cigarettes appear to be missing from the gas station, and money and a bottle of liquor from the party store.
Entry was gained to both businesses by smashing the front windows and doors, Koehn added, and authorities have no reason to believe the man was armed.
Koehn explained that the cities of Farmington and Livonia also had similar breaking and entering incidents that morning, at the same kind of establishments, so the departments are working together.
“Since the crimes are of a similar nature, that’s very common that we would work together,” he added.
The wanted suspected is described as a stocky black man wearing blue jeans, a black shirt, a black jacket and black shoes/boots, according to the press release. His lower facial area is covered by a black mask in the images, but it is noted that he was wearing a diamond-stud type earring in his left ear.
Anyone with information on these crimes is asked to contact the Farmington Hills Police Department Command Desk at (248) 871-2610.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit