Published November 27, 2013
Sterling woman hurt in shooting
By Eric Czarnik firstname.lastname@example.org
Shots allegedly fired at a vehicle are being blamed for injuring a 49-year-old Sterling Heights woman, police said.
According to police, the woman was reportedly hit at around 9:30 p.m. Nov. 25 in the 40000 block of Kraft Drive, which is located near Ryan Road, north of 17 Mile Road.
According to the woman’s husband, she had gone on a shopping trip. The man told police that the woman’s vehicle was fired at, but the report did not indicate whether the woman was inside or outside the vehicle at the time.
Police said the women had been hit twice, and she received what police described as “minor wounds.” Police did not say where on her body she sustained the injuries, but the incident reportedly led her husband to call 911.
Neither Sterling Heights police Lt. Luke Riley nor Lt. Kevin Reese could be reached for comment by press time. Police said in a statement that their Investigations Unit is handling the case, which is in its preliminary stages. Police added that a “heavy language barrier” makes the investigation more challenging.
Anyone who has more information on this incident may call the Sterling Heights Police Department at (586) 446-2800.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley