Shots allegedly fired at a vehicle are being blamed for injuring a 49-year-old Sterling Heights woman, police said.
According to police, the woman was reportedly hit at around 9:30 p.m. Nov. 25 in the 40000 block of Kraft Drive, which is located near Ryan Road, north of 17 Mile Road.
According to the woman’s husband, she had gone on a shopping trip. The man told police that the woman’s vehicle was fired at, but the report did not indicate whether the woman was inside or outside the vehicle at the time.
Police said the women had been hit twice, and she received what police described as “minor wounds.” Police did not say where on her body she sustained the injuries, but the incident reportedly led her husband to call 911.
Neither Sterling Heights police Lt. Luke Riley nor Lt. Kevin Reese could be reached for comment by press time. Police said in a statement that their Investigations Unit is handling the case, which is in its preliminary stages. Police added that a “heavy language barrier” makes the investigation more challenging.
Anyone who has more information on this incident may call the Sterling Heights Police Department at (586) 446-2800.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods