Fraser, Sterling Heights
Sterling teen arrested on armed robbery charges stemming from Fraser
Published April 30, 2013
FRASER — Investigators recently alleged that a Sterling Heights teen was one of three men who committed an April 2 armed robbery at a Fraser convenience store.
Edis Osmanagic, 19, was arrested April 29 and arraigned April 30 in 39th District Court on an armed robbery charge. Fraser detectives alleged that he was one of three males who robbed the 7-Eleven near Garfield and 15 Mile, according to a statement from the Fraser Department of Public Safety.
Police reports said three men wearing ski masks entered the store around 4 a.m. April 2. One suspect reportedly jumped over the counter and stole cigarettes; a second suspect struck the clerk in the head with a handgun; the third held the door open. The masked men fled from the store on foot with 15 packs of cigarettes, reports said.
Fraser Public Safety reported that the Michigan State Police Crime Lab analyzed prints on several packs of cigarettes left behind at the store.
On April 29, Fraser detectives arrested Osmanagic at his mother’s house in Sterling Heights. Police also gathered evidence while executing a search warrant at the house.
Osmanagic was arraigned on April 30. No bond given was given. He requested a court-appointed attorney, and hadn't yet received one at press time.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident.
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe