Fraser, Sterling Heights
Sterling teen arrested on armed robbery charges stemming from Fraser
April 30, 2013
FRASER — Investigators recently alleged that a Sterling Heights teen was one of three men who committed an April 2 armed robbery at a Fraser convenience store.
Edis Osmanagic, 19, was arrested April 29 and arraigned April 30 in 39th District Court on an armed robbery charge. Fraser detectives alleged that he was one of three males who robbed the 7-Eleven near Garfield and 15 Mile, according to a statement from the Fraser Department of Public Safety.
Police reports said three men wearing ski masks entered the store around 4 a.m. April 2. One suspect reportedly jumped over the counter and stole cigarettes; a second suspect struck the clerk in the head with a handgun; the third held the door open. The masked men fled from the store on foot with 15 packs of cigarettes, reports said.
Fraser Public Safety reported that the Michigan State Police Crime Lab analyzed prints on several packs of cigarettes left behind at the store.
On April 29, Fraser detectives arrested Osmanagic at his mother’s house in Sterling Heights. Police also gathered evidence while executing a search warrant at the house.
Osmanagic was arraigned on April 30. No bond given was given. He requested a court-appointed attorney, and hadn't yet received one at press time.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- West Bloomfield hopes to ‘eliminate the stigma’ - West Bloomfield
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores