Fraser, Sterling HeightsApril 30, 2013
Sterling teen arrested on armed robbery charges stemming from Fraser
By Nico Rubello
C & G Staff Writer
FRASER — Investigators recently alleged that a Sterling Heights teen was one of three men who committed an April 2 armed robbery at a Fraser convenience store.
Edis Osmanagic, 19, was arrested April 29 and arraigned April 30 in 39th District Court on an armed robbery charge. Fraser detectives alleged that he was one of three males who robbed the 7-Eleven near Garfield and 15 Mile, according to a statement from the Fraser Department of Public Safety.
Police reports said three men wearing ski masks entered the store around 4 a.m. April 2. One suspect reportedly jumped over the counter and stole cigarettes; a second suspect struck the clerk in the head with a handgun; the third held the door open. The masked men fled from the store on foot with 15 packs of cigarettes, reports said.
Fraser Public Safety reported that the Michigan State Police Crime Lab analyzed prints on several packs of cigarettes left behind at the store.
On April 29, Fraser detectives arrested Osmanagic at his mother’s house in Sterling Heights. Police also gathered evidence while executing a search warrant at the house.
Osmanagic was arraigned on April 30. No bond given was given. He requested a court-appointed attorney, and hadn't yet received one at press time.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Woman found dead in Warren home - Warren
- Former Birmingham mayor arrested again on meth charges - Birmingham
- Business owner slain outside restaurant - Harper Woods
- City purse snatcher still at large - Grosse Pointe City
- Community rallies for Shelby boy with brain cancer - Shelby Township
- Former Berkley mayor offers to repair clock she donated to city - Berkley
- Helping Hands for Hunger food drive helps Norup students - Oak Park
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Premature birth rates decline in Michigan for sixth year - Metro Detroit
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Lieutenant promoted to Deputy Police Chief - St. Clair Shores
- Looking Back: Warren Co-op - Warren
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Looking Back: Selinsky-Green Farmhouse c. 1898 - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi