Fraser, Sterling Heights
Published April 30, 2013
Sterling teen arrested on armed robbery charges stemming from Fraser
By Nico Rubello email@example.com
FRASER — Investigators recently alleged that a Sterling Heights teen was one of three men who committed an April 2 armed robbery at a Fraser convenience store.
Edis Osmanagic, 19, was arrested April 29 and arraigned April 30 in 39th District Court on an armed robbery charge. Fraser detectives alleged that he was one of three males who robbed the 7-Eleven near Garfield and 15 Mile, according to a statement from the Fraser Department of Public Safety.
Police reports said three men wearing ski masks entered the store around 4 a.m. April 2. One suspect reportedly jumped over the counter and stole cigarettes; a second suspect struck the clerk in the head with a handgun; the third held the door open. The masked men fled from the store on foot with 15 packs of cigarettes, reports said.
Fraser Public Safety reported that the Michigan State Police Crime Lab analyzed prints on several packs of cigarettes left behind at the store.
On April 29, Fraser detectives arrested Osmanagic at his mother’s house in Sterling Heights. Police also gathered evidence while executing a search warrant at the house.
Osmanagic was arraigned on April 30. No bond given was given. He requested a court-appointed attorney, and hadn't yet received one at press time.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Board approves incentive bonus for new police hires - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson