Fraser, Sterling Heights
Sterling teen arrested on armed robbery charges stemming from Fraser
April 30, 2013
FRASER — Investigators recently alleged that a Sterling Heights teen was one of three men who committed an April 2 armed robbery at a Fraser convenience store.
Edis Osmanagic, 19, was arrested April 29 and arraigned April 30 in 39th District Court on an armed robbery charge. Fraser detectives alleged that he was one of three males who robbed the 7-Eleven near Garfield and 15 Mile, according to a statement from the Fraser Department of Public Safety.
Police reports said three men wearing ski masks entered the store around 4 a.m. April 2. One suspect reportedly jumped over the counter and stole cigarettes; a second suspect struck the clerk in the head with a handgun; the third held the door open. The masked men fled from the store on foot with 15 packs of cigarettes, reports said.
Fraser Public Safety reported that the Michigan State Police Crime Lab analyzed prints on several packs of cigarettes left behind at the store.
On April 29, Fraser detectives arrested Osmanagic at his mother’s house in Sterling Heights. Police also gathered evidence while executing a search warrant at the house.
Osmanagic was arraigned on April 30. No bond given was given. He requested a court-appointed attorney, and hadn't yet received one at press time.
Detectives are continuing to investigate the incident.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights