State police investigate serious traffic crash on I-94
Published January 20, 2014
The Michigan State Police is investigating a crash on eastbound Interstate 94, at Masonic Boulevard, that left a 19-year-old Eastpointe man in critical condition Jan. 20.
According to an MSP press release, the state police were dispatched to assist Roseville police officers with a potentially fatal crash at approximately 7 a.m. Prior to the serious-injury crash, a pickup truck going eastbound on I-94 had struck the right median wall. The driver, the 19-year-old from Eastpointe, had exited the vehicle and was standing next to it, and Roseville police were blocking traffic to warn drivers while writing the accident report.
While that was happening, a second two-vehicle crash occurred behind the patrol car, a third vehicle swerved to avoid the second crash, and that vehicle drove around the patrol car and hit the pickup truck, crushing the driver between the truck and the wall, the MSP report said. The pickup truck driver was taken to the hospital and remained in critical condition Jan. 21, but he was expected to survive, according to state police.
The state police are investigating the third crash and do not believe alcohol is a factor. The Roseville Police Department directed questions to the MSP regarding the investigation.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township