Published April 11, 2013
Shelby man hospitalized after masked men attack him
By Kristyne E. Demske email@example.com
Police are investigating a late-night attack on a man in his driveway north of 22 Mile Road and Van Dyke Avenue.
Police Chief Roland Woelkers said the man, in his 50s, pulled into his driveway in the 49000 block of Shelby Creek around 10:30 p.m. April 9 and was confronted by three large men in ski masks who beat him, tied him up with duct tape and zip ties, and then broke through the wall to gain entry into his home.
“We’re really not sure of the motive,” Woelkers said. “He was specifically targeted and his residence was targeted. It’s not random. We don’t think there’s any threats to the community.”
He said the masked men got away with some items from the home. Woelkers said the victim is a businessman in Mount Clemens. They are looking for any witnesses to come forward with information by calling police at (586) 731-2121.
“We do have some promising leads in the investigation, and so we’re pursuing those,” he said.
The victim was in stable condition at a local hospital as of April 10.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley