St. Clair Shores
Sex offender in custody on attempted kidnapping charges
June 13, 2013
A 31-year-old St. Clair Shores man is in police custody on charges of kidnapping after allegedly grabbing a 10-year-old girl off her bike June 9.
Detective Gordon Carrier said the girl reported that a man was hiding behind a tree in front of a house in the 23000 block of Joy between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. as she rode by on her bike.
“He dragged her off her bike. She began screaming, he slapped her in the face, she continued screaming and then he let her go and took off running northbound to New York Street,” Carrier said.
Through investigation, police were able to develop a suspect that matched the description given by the girl and, when they spoke with him, found inconsistencies in his story. After a warrant was authorized by the Macomb County Prosecuting Attorney’s office, 31-year-old Gaetano John Biondo was arraigned in front of Judge Joseph Oster of the 40th District Court June 12 on charges of kidnapping, a life felony. He received no bond.
Biondo is listed on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry for a 2005 conviction of using a computer to commit a crime. He will be back in court June 25 at 9 a.m. for a preliminary examination.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township