St. Clair Shores
Sex offender in custody on attempted kidnapping charges
June 13, 2013
A 31-year-old St. Clair Shores man is in police custody on charges of kidnapping after allegedly grabbing a 10-year-old girl off her bike June 9.
Detective Gordon Carrier said the girl reported that a man was hiding behind a tree in front of a house in the 23000 block of Joy between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. as she rode by on her bike.
“He dragged her off her bike. She began screaming, he slapped her in the face, she continued screaming and then he let her go and took off running northbound to New York Street,” Carrier said.
Through investigation, police were able to develop a suspect that matched the description given by the girl and, when they spoke with him, found inconsistencies in his story. After a warrant was authorized by the Macomb County Prosecuting Attorney’s office, 31-year-old Gaetano John Biondo was arraigned in front of Judge Joseph Oster of the 40th District Court June 12 on charges of kidnapping, a life felony. He received no bond.
Biondo is listed on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry for a 2005 conviction of using a computer to commit a crime. He will be back in court June 25 at 9 a.m. for a preliminary examination.
About the author
Staff Writer Kristyne E. Demske covers St. Clair Shores and the Lake Shore, Lakeview and South Lake public schools for the Sentinel. Kristyne has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2004 and attended Michigan State University and Chippewa Valley High School.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights