St. Clair Shores
Sex offender in custody on attempted kidnapping charges
Published June 13, 2013
A 31-year-old St. Clair Shores man is in police custody on charges of kidnapping after allegedly grabbing a 10-year-old girl off her bike June 9.
Detective Gordon Carrier said the girl reported that a man was hiding behind a tree in front of a house in the 23000 block of Joy between 3:00 and 3:30 p.m. as she rode by on her bike.
“He dragged her off her bike. She began screaming, he slapped her in the face, she continued screaming and then he let her go and took off running northbound to New York Street,” Carrier said.
Through investigation, police were able to develop a suspect that matched the description given by the girl and, when they spoke with him, found inconsistencies in his story. After a warrant was authorized by the Macomb County Prosecuting Attorney’s office, 31-year-old Gaetano John Biondo was arraigned in front of Judge Joseph Oster of the 40th District Court June 12 on charges of kidnapping, a life felony. He received no bond.
Biondo is listed on the Michigan Sex Offender Registry for a 2005 conviction of using a computer to commit a crime. He will be back in court June 25 at 9 a.m. for a preliminary examination.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township