WARREN — Police said an investigation into an Oct. 18 two-car crash on 12 Mile Road remained ongoing this week after a 75-year-old Warren man later died at the hospital.
Warren Police Lt. Heidi Metz said the man involved in the crash near the St. Faustina Church, east of Schoenherr, at 9:40 a.m. had been treated for a leg injury. She said investigators later learned the man died at the hospital and that an investigation into the crash and the man’s death was ongoing.
“At the scene, he had only a broken leg. We were notified later he died,” Metz said. “He was talking at the scene and everything. We were surprised when we got a call from the hospital.”
Metz said the police report on the accident indicated the vehicle driven by the deceased man had pulled out of the church parking lot and onto eastbound 12 Mile where his blue Chevrolet was struck by a black Jeep heading west, driven by a 62-year-old Warren woman. The Chevy was struck on the driver’s door and the Jeep suffered damage to the front end.
“He was broadsided. The question is whether he pulled out in front of her or what,” Metz said.
The driver of the Jeep was also transported to the hospital but Metz said neither driver had injuries that were believed to be serious. She said detectives would speak with witnesses to determine if any other factors contributed to the crash.
An autopsy would likely be conducted to determine what caused the man’s death.
Anyone with information about the crash can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores