WARREN — Police said an investigation into an Oct. 18 two-car crash on 12 Mile Road remained ongoing this week after a 75-year-old Warren man later died at the hospital.
Warren Police Lt. Heidi Metz said the man involved in the crash near the St. Faustina Church, east of Schoenherr, at 9:40 a.m. had been treated for a leg injury. She said investigators later learned the man died at the hospital and that an investigation into the crash and the man’s death was ongoing.
“At the scene, he had only a broken leg. We were notified later he died,” Metz said. “He was talking at the scene and everything. We were surprised when we got a call from the hospital.”
Metz said the police report on the accident indicated the vehicle driven by the deceased man had pulled out of the church parking lot and onto eastbound 12 Mile where his blue Chevrolet was struck by a black Jeep heading west, driven by a 62-year-old Warren woman. The Chevy was struck on the driver’s door and the Jeep suffered damage to the front end.
“He was broadsided. The question is whether he pulled out in front of her or what,” Metz said.
The driver of the Jeep was also transported to the hospital but Metz said neither driver had injuries that were believed to be serious. She said detectives would speak with witnesses to determine if any other factors contributed to the crash.
An autopsy would likely be conducted to determine what caused the man’s death.
Anyone with information about the crash can reach Warren detectives at (586) 574-4810.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Local church program expands to transitional housing projects in Detroit - Hazel Park
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township