Published December 26, 2013
Robbery suspects injure elderly woman
By Cari DeLamielleure-Scott email@example.com
Police are looking for two suspects in a strong arm robbery that occurred at a residence in the 3000 block of Spanish Oaks Drive at approximately 12:10 p.m. Dec. 23.
According to police reports, an 83-year-old resident was assaulted by two men immediately after she exited her vehicle in her garage. A diamond ring was forcibly removed from her finger, causing injuries to her hand. Police took the victim to Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield for treatment. Police said the woman has a disability, but declined to elaborate.
The value of the ring was not reported, but Chief Michael Patton said the victim expressed that the ring is a family heirloom.
Reports state that the victim was possibly followed from the Village Palace Restaurant, located at 4170 Orchard Lake Road in Orchard Lake Village. The victim reported that she believes she saw one of the suspects at a table next to her.
West Bloomfield detectives are working to verify the suspects’ descriptions with witnesses. Patton said they are also are scanning local surveillance cameras for more information.
Both suspects were described as 30-40 years old, 200-250 pounds, 5 feet 10 inches-6 feet tall, with olive/darker skin. One was clean shaven and has short brown hair. He wore a dark colored knit hat. Both possibly speak Arabic.
“It’s unusual for a crime in West Bloomfield to have a robbery of a person like that at their home,” Patton said. “This one is particularly upsetting because, one, of the victim’s age and her disability.”
Patton was the first responding officer on the scene, and though he has not seen any file of medical reports, he said it looked like two of the victim’s fingers were broken.
The police are asking anyone with information about the incident to call the West Bloomfield Police Department at (248) 975-9200.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley