Police are looking for two suspects in a strong arm robbery that occurred at a residence in the 3000 block of Spanish Oaks Drive at approximately 12:10 p.m. Dec. 23.
According to police reports, an 83-year-old resident was assaulted by two men immediately after she exited her vehicle in her garage. A diamond ring was forcibly removed from her finger, causing injuries to her hand. Police took the victim to Henry Ford Hospital in West Bloomfield for treatment. Police said the woman has a disability, but declined to elaborate.
The value of the ring was not reported, but Chief Michael Patton said the victim expressed that the ring is a family heirloom.
Reports state that the victim was possibly followed from the Village Palace Restaurant, located at 4170 Orchard Lake Road in Orchard Lake Village. The victim reported that she believes she saw one of the suspects at a table next to her.
West Bloomfield detectives are working to verify the suspects’ descriptions with witnesses. Patton said they are also are scanning local surveillance cameras for more information.
Both suspects were described as 30-40 years old, 200-250 pounds, 5 feet 10 inches-6 feet tall, with olive/darker skin. One was clean shaven and has short brown hair. He wore a dark colored knit hat. Both possibly speak Arabic.
“It’s unusual for a crime in West Bloomfield to have a robbery of a person like that at their home,” Patton said. “This one is particularly upsetting because, one, of the victim’s age and her disability.”
Patton was the first responding officer on the scene, and though he has not seen any file of medical reports, he said it looked like two of the victim’s fingers were broken.
The police are asking anyone with information about the incident to call the West Bloomfield Police Department at (248) 975-9200.
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- From sanitarium to state park - Metro Detroit
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Students, parents get charged up for iPads - Troy
- Planners postpone mosque approval request - Sterling Heights
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit