SOUTHFIELD — Southfield police are looking for information about a fatal crash that took place at approximately 8:10 p.m. on July 27 on the corner of Aberdeen and Cambridge.
When police arrived at the scene, they located a pickup truck that rolled over after a collision with a recreational vehicle.
Two people were in the pickup, and one died as a result of the crash. The other person was transported to a hospital, and their injuries were still unknown at this time.
It appears as though alcohol may have been a factor in the crash, as the driver of the recreational vehicle was arrested at the scene for OWI. Police are not releasing the result of the driver’s preliminary breath test.
In a press release, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police, said the recreational vehicle appeared to be driving southbound on Aberdeen. As it attempted to make a left turn, the pickup truck attempted to pass it, causing a collision and the pickup to roll over, Loussia said. Seatbelt usage is unknown at this time.
Loussia said the police are looking for any type of information about the crash.
“We are asking anyone that witnessed the crash or the actions of the drivers prior to the crash to contact us,” Loussia said.
The investigation is still on going. To submit a tip, call the Southfield Police Department at 248-796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township