SOUTHFIELD — Southfield police are looking for information about a fatal crash that took place at approximately 8:10 p.m. on July 27 on the corner of Aberdeen and Cambridge.
When police arrived at the scene, they located a pickup truck that rolled over after a collision with a recreational vehicle.
Two people were in the pickup, and one died as a result of the crash. The other person was transported to a hospital, and their injuries were still unknown at this time.
It appears as though alcohol may have been a factor in the crash, as the driver of the recreational vehicle was arrested at the scene for OWI. Police are not releasing the result of the driver’s preliminary breath test.
In a press release, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police, said the recreational vehicle appeared to be driving southbound on Aberdeen. As it attempted to make a left turn, the pickup truck attempted to pass it, causing a collision and the pickup to roll over, Loussia said. Seatbelt usage is unknown at this time.
Loussia said the police are looking for any type of information about the crash.
“We are asking anyone that witnessed the crash or the actions of the drivers prior to the crash to contact us,” Loussia said.
The investigation is still on going. To submit a tip, call the Southfield Police Department at 248-796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- ‘She’s only 8 and she’s been through hell’ - Harrison Township
- Woman bound over to circuit court on child abuse charge - Eastpointe
- Beaumont Hospital tops off Proton Therapy Center - Royal Oak
- Local entrepreneur finds life mission through baking - Clinton Township
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- West Bloomfield PD tests out new software - West Bloomfield
- Township board approves expansion of C.J. Barrymore’s - Clinton Township
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores