SOUTHFIELD — Southfield police are looking for information about a fatal crash that took place at approximately 8:10 p.m. on July 27 on the corner of Aberdeen and Cambridge.
When police arrived at the scene, they located a pickup truck that rolled over after a collision with a recreational vehicle.
Two people were in the pickup, and one died as a result of the crash. The other person was transported to a hospital, and their injuries were still unknown at this time.
It appears as though alcohol may have been a factor in the crash, as the driver of the recreational vehicle was arrested at the scene for OWI. Police are not releasing the result of the driver’s preliminary breath test.
In a press release, Deputy Chief Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police, said the recreational vehicle appeared to be driving southbound on Aberdeen. As it attempted to make a left turn, the pickup truck attempted to pass it, causing a collision and the pickup to roll over, Loussia said. Seatbelt usage is unknown at this time.
Loussia said the police are looking for any type of information about the crash.
“We are asking anyone that witnessed the crash or the actions of the drivers prior to the crash to contact us,” Loussia said.
The investigation is still on going. To submit a tip, call the Southfield Police Department at 248-796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township