Police seek help in Rochester Road fatal car crash investigation
April 2, 2013
Police are asking people with information on a fatal car crash on southbound Rochester Road, at Long Lake, to call them.
According to reports, at just after 4 p.m. April 1, a gold 2011 or 2012 Chevy Malibu pulled out of a private drive onto southbound Rochester Road and was involved in a minor accident with a silver SUV. A silver 2006 Toyota Scion travelling south on Rochester Road tried to avoid the accident and veered left into oncoming traffic on northbound Rochester, Troy police Sgt. Andy Breidenich said.
The Toyota sideswiped a 2013 Buick, then struck a northbound 2004 Saturn head on, Breidenich said. The Buick veered left into a 2001 Ford Taurus travelling southbound on Rochester Road, according to reports.
The driver of the Toyota, who Breidenich said was not wearing a seatbelt, was transported from the scene to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, where he was pronounced deceased. Police are not releasing his name at this time.
The driver of the Buick was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, with injuries that were not life threatening. Police do not know if alcohol and/or drugs were factors in the accidents.
The drivers of the original accident involving the Malibu and the SUV left the scene without identifying themselves and were last seen heading northbound on Rochester Road, at Long Lake, police said.
Southbound Rochester Road was closed for three hours, and northbound lanes of Rochester Road were closed for 40 minutes while police investigated.
Police are asking the drivers of the Malibu and the silver SUV to report their accident as soon as possible to Troy police. Also, anyone with information on the identity of the drivers of the Malibu and silver SUV to call (248) 524-3477.
- 30 DAYS
- Legal hurdles cleared for Colonial Dodge site sale - Eastpointe
- Harper Cruise makes for a ‘wheel’ good time - St. Clair Shores
- From sanitarium to state park - Metro Detroit
- Fundraising underway for Roseville boy fighting cancer - Roseville
- Students, parents get charged up for iPads - Troy
- Planners postpone mosque approval request - Sterling Heights
- RARA to introduce new indoor playscape, gymnastics facility - Rochester
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- From combat to car wash: former military man fixes up local eyesore - Fraser
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- Home invasion prevention 101: Fool criminals into thinking you’re home - Metro Detroit