Police seek help in Rochester Road fatal car crash investigation
April 2, 2013
Police are asking people with information on a fatal car crash on southbound Rochester Road, at Long Lake, to call them.
According to reports, at just after 4 p.m. April 1, a gold 2011 or 2012 Chevy Malibu pulled out of a private drive onto southbound Rochester Road and was involved in a minor accident with a silver SUV. A silver 2006 Toyota Scion travelling south on Rochester Road tried to avoid the accident and veered left into oncoming traffic on northbound Rochester, Troy police Sgt. Andy Breidenich said.
The Toyota sideswiped a 2013 Buick, then struck a northbound 2004 Saturn head on, Breidenich said. The Buick veered left into a 2001 Ford Taurus travelling southbound on Rochester Road, according to reports.
The driver of the Toyota, who Breidenich said was not wearing a seatbelt, was transported from the scene to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, where he was pronounced deceased. Police are not releasing his name at this time.
The driver of the Buick was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, with injuries that were not life threatening. Police do not know if alcohol and/or drugs were factors in the accidents.
The drivers of the original accident involving the Malibu and the SUV left the scene without identifying themselves and were last seen heading northbound on Rochester Road, at Long Lake, police said.
Southbound Rochester Road was closed for three hours, and northbound lanes of Rochester Road were closed for 40 minutes while police investigated.
Police are asking the drivers of the Malibu and the silver SUV to report their accident as soon as possible to Troy police. Also, anyone with information on the identity of the drivers of the Malibu and silver SUV to call (248) 524-3477.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township