Published April 2, 2013
Police seek help in Rochester Road fatal car crash investigation
By Terry Oparka firstname.lastname@example.org
Police are asking people with information on a fatal car crash on southbound Rochester Road, at Long Lake, to call them.
According to reports, at just after 4 p.m. April 1, a gold 2011 or 2012 Chevy Malibu pulled out of a private drive onto southbound Rochester Road and was involved in a minor accident with a silver SUV. A silver 2006 Toyota Scion travelling south on Rochester Road tried to avoid the accident and veered left into oncoming traffic on northbound Rochester, Troy police Sgt. Andy Breidenich said.
The Toyota sideswiped a 2013 Buick, then struck a northbound 2004 Saturn head on, Breidenich said. The Buick veered left into a 2001 Ford Taurus travelling southbound on Rochester Road, according to reports.
The driver of the Toyota, who Breidenich said was not wearing a seatbelt, was transported from the scene to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, where he was pronounced deceased. Police are not releasing his name at this time.
The driver of the Buick was transported to Beaumont Hospital, Troy, with injuries that were not life threatening. Police do not know if alcohol and/or drugs were factors in the accidents.
The drivers of the original accident involving the Malibu and the SUV left the scene without identifying themselves and were last seen heading northbound on Rochester Road, at Long Lake, police said.
Southbound Rochester Road was closed for three hours, and northbound lanes of Rochester Road were closed for 40 minutes while police investigated.
Police are asking the drivers of the Malibu and the silver SUV to report their accident as soon as possible to Troy police. Also, anyone with information on the identity of the drivers of the Malibu and silver SUV to call (248) 524-3477.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson