Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run
Published December 3, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Clinton Township police are analyzing a single vehicle hit-and-run that has left one Clinton Township resident dead.
A press release from police stated that Bobbi Layne Roberts, 20, was reportedly struck by an unknown vehicle in the northbound right through lane on Gratiot Avenue, south of Capital Drive in Clinton Township. The car failed to stop, hit the pedestrian and fled the scene.
The crash occurred on the night of Friday, Nov 29, around 11:25 p.m. Following the crash, a passing vehicle going northbound on Gratiot Avenue positioned itself to protect the body in the right shoulder and right through lane while waiting for the police’s arrival.
There were no reported eyewitnesses and no type of debris or other evidence left from the crash. The vehicle in question may have damage to the right front and headlamp assembly area, and a color is unknown. It is also unknown whether drugs or alcohol were a factor in the crash.
Police are still looking for leads in the case. If you have any information contact Lt. Raymond Macksoud at (586) 493-7933 or call the Clinton Township Police Department at (586) 493-7802.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township