Police arrest suspected adult-child lottery ticket thieves
By Kevin Bunch
November 15, 2013
Roseville police were on the lookout for a woman and child who stole lottery tickets from a local party store Nov. 14 before arresting two suspects Nov. 15.
According to Police Chief James Berlin, a woman and an approximately 10-year-old child were pacing in front of the Stop’N’Go Food Store on 13 Mile Road around 12:30 p.m., eventually leading to the clerk going out to see if they were all right.
“The female suspect grabbed the clerk around the head and face, forced her back into the store, took her into an office area and pinned her against the wall,” Berlin said. “The 10-year-old went around behind the counter, stole a bunch of lottery tickets out of a display, and then they both fled the store.”
The clerk reportedly said the suspects were regular visitors to the store, and police believed they lived in the area. At press time, a pair of suspects had been arrested by the Roseville Police Department, but further information was not available.
About the author
Staff Writer Kevin Bunch covers the communities of Eastpointe and Roseville, as well as Roseville Community Schools and East Detroit Public Schools. He has worked at C&G Newspapers since 2013, and is a graduate of Wayne State University and Henry Ford Community College. Kevin is also a 2015 Metcalf Institute for Marine & Environmental Reporting alumni.
- 30 DAYS
- Police investigate three suspicious car fires - Royal Oak
- Dakota High School student dead after being found in hospital parking structure - Clinton Township
- Alertness may protect your car, holiday gifts - Metro Detroit
- Teen dies after rollover accident - Clinton Township
- Dakota senior earns Eagle Scout recognition - Macomb Township
- Dead body identified as Hazel Park man - Hazel Park
- You’re still a good man, Charlie Brown - Warren
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights
- New high school club puts focus on science and technology - Roseville