SOUTHFIELD — Southfield police have a panty bandit on their hands, according to the latest police reports.
For the fourth time, officers received a report of an intruder allegedly escaping with several bras and panties from a residence at the Hidden Valley Apartment complex, located on Shiawassee, near Eight Mile Road.
The most recent incident happened sometime between 8 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. March 27, according to police. Someone reportedly forced entry into the apartment while the tenant was not home, raided her dresser and took multiple undergarments. Other valuables in the room, such as jewelry, were not touched, the report indicated, though a TV and a laptop were also taken. It appears the suspect exited through the door wall, which was left open, according to the report.
This home invasion marks the fourth such that needs to be investigated at the complex, all on the first floor of the building.
“The similarities are common to the other home invasions, including the panty drawers being attacked,” police said in the report.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said Monday morning that there is no suspect information for the incidents.
Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- Homeless man’s body found in Clinton River - Harrison Township
- Fireworks damage house, SUV over July 4 holiday - St. Clair Shores
- Police take attempted carjacking suspect into custody - Grosse Pointe Park
- Couple assaulted after fireworks show - West Bloomfield
- Madison district asks voters to approve bond for new middle school - Madison Heights
- East Detroit approves positive budget - Eastpointe
- Hazel Park voters to decide continuation of reduced police millage Aug. 4 - Hazel Park
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- New festival comes to Mount Clemens this week - Mount Clemens
- Police identify man who drowned at Stony Creek - Shelby Township
- Huntington Woods author sees her essays about child’s passing published - Huntington Woods