Published April 9, 2013
Police search for panty bandit at apartment complex
By Jessica Strachan firstname.lastname@example.org
SOUTHFIELD — Southfield police have a panty bandit on their hands, according to the latest police reports.
For the fourth time, officers received a report of an intruder allegedly escaping with several bras and panties from a residence at the Hidden Valley Apartment complex, located on Shiawassee, near Eight Mile Road.
The most recent incident happened sometime between 8 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. March 27, according to police. Someone reportedly forced entry into the apartment while the tenant was not home, raided her dresser and took multiple undergarments. Other valuables in the room, such as jewelry, were not touched, the report indicated, though a TV and a laptop were also taken. It appears the suspect exited through the door wall, which was left open, according to the report.
This home invasion marks the fourth such that needs to be investigated at the complex, all on the first floor of the building.
“The similarities are common to the other home invasions, including the panty drawers being attacked,” police said in the report.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said Monday morning that there is no suspect information for the incidents.
Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Trial continues for man accused of shooting acquaintance - St. Clair Shores
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- Pub Crawl will raise money for Madison Heights Memorial Day Parade - Madison Heights
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley