Police search for panty bandit at apartment complex
Published April 9, 2013
SOUTHFIELD — Southfield police have a panty bandit on their hands, according to the latest police reports.
For the fourth time, officers received a report of an intruder allegedly escaping with several bras and panties from a residence at the Hidden Valley Apartment complex, located on Shiawassee, near Eight Mile Road.
The most recent incident happened sometime between 8 a.m. and 5:45 p.m. March 27, according to police. Someone reportedly forced entry into the apartment while the tenant was not home, raided her dresser and took multiple undergarments. Other valuables in the room, such as jewelry, were not touched, the report indicated, though a TV and a laptop were also taken. It appears the suspect exited through the door wall, which was left open, according to the report.
This home invasion marks the fourth such that needs to be investigated at the complex, all on the first floor of the building.
“The similarities are common to the other home invasions, including the panty drawers being attacked,” police said in the report.
Lt. Nick Loussia of the Southfield Police Department said Monday morning that there is no suspect information for the incidents.
Anyone with information about these crimes is asked to call the Southfield Police Department at (248) 796-5500.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township