CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A man who robbed a Fifth Third bank branch on Aug. 12 remains on the loose as of press time.
The unidentified man is being sought by police after robbing the branch located at 19233 15 Mile Road, close to Groesbeck Highway, in Clinton Township.
The robbery occurred Tuesday, Aug. 12, around 10:25 a.m. when the suspect threatened a teller with an alleged weapon and exited the building quickly.
“He went to the bank and approached the teller, stated that he had a gun and (wanted) the money, and made off with an unknown amount of currency,” Clinton Township Police Lt. Eric Reincke said. “He left on foot westbound from the location and possibly got into an unknown vehicle.”
The amount stolen was not given. Clinton Township Police does not usually provide dollar amounts in regards to bank robberies.
The suspect is a white man estimated to be between the ages of 60-75 years old and approximately 220-250 pounds. He’s estimated to be between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-7, wearing black-rimmed glasses, a baseball hat, a beige jacket, a medium blue shirt and khaki shorts. The man was unshaven, having a scruffy beard while medium-length gray hair stuck out from under his baseball hat.
The suspect’s getaway vehicle may have been an older white or silver station wagon-type vehicle.
“We are looking for the public’s help and hopefully someone will identify this guy,” Reincke said. “It’s a pretty good picture.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Clinton Township Police Detective Stephen Rupkus at (586) 493-7849.
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Man arrested after Harrison Township home invasion - Harrison Township
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit