CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A man who robbed a Fifth Third bank branch on Aug. 12 remains on the loose as of press time.
The unidentified man is being sought by police after robbing the branch located at 19233 15 Mile Road, close to Groesbeck Highway, in Clinton Township.
The robbery occurred Tuesday, Aug. 12, around 10:25 a.m. when the suspect threatened a teller with an alleged weapon and exited the building quickly.
“He went to the bank and approached the teller, stated that he had a gun and (wanted) the money, and made off with an unknown amount of currency,” Clinton Township Police Lt. Eric Reincke said. “He left on foot westbound from the location and possibly got into an unknown vehicle.”
The amount stolen was not given. Clinton Township Police does not usually provide dollar amounts in regards to bank robberies.
The suspect is a white man estimated to be between the ages of 60-75 years old and approximately 220-250 pounds. He’s estimated to be between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-7, wearing black-rimmed glasses, a baseball hat, a beige jacket, a medium blue shirt and khaki shorts. The man was unshaven, having a scruffy beard while medium-length gray hair stuck out from under his baseball hat.
The suspect’s getaway vehicle may have been an older white or silver station wagon-type vehicle.
“We are looking for the public’s help and hopefully someone will identify this guy,” Reincke said. “It’s a pretty good picture.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Clinton Township Police Detective Stephen Rupkus at (586) 493-7849.
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- No charges for customer who shot accused bank robber - Warren
- Warren sued over alleged persecution of medical pot patients - Warren
- Hive of activity will continue - Warren
- Nurse anesthetists to host Ether Day Frolic 5K at River Bends Park - Shelby Township
- Residents, businesses honored for beautification - St. Clair Shores
- Court dismisses charge against teacher in East Detroit drowning case - Eastpointe
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township