Police on lookout for bank robber
Posted August 14, 2014
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A man who robbed a Fifth Third bank branch on Aug. 12 remains on the loose as of press time.
The unidentified man is being sought by police after robbing the branch located at 19233 15 Mile Road, close to Groesbeck Highway, in Clinton Township.
The robbery occurred Tuesday, Aug. 12, around 10:25 a.m. when the suspect threatened a teller with an alleged weapon and exited the building quickly.
“He went to the bank and approached the teller, stated that he had a gun and (wanted) the money, and made off with an unknown amount of currency,” Clinton Township Police Lt. Eric Reincke said. “He left on foot westbound from the location and possibly got into an unknown vehicle.”
The amount stolen was not given. Clinton Township Police does not usually provide dollar amounts in regards to bank robberies.
The suspect is a white man estimated to be between the ages of 60-75 years old and approximately 220-250 pounds. He’s estimated to be between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-7, wearing black-rimmed glasses, a baseball hat, a beige jacket, a medium blue shirt and khaki shorts. The man was unshaven, having a scruffy beard while medium-length gray hair stuck out from under his baseball hat.
The suspect’s getaway vehicle may have been an older white or silver station wagon-type vehicle.
“We are looking for the public’s help and hopefully someone will identify this guy,” Reincke said. “It’s a pretty good picture.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Clinton Township Police Detective Stephen Rupkus at (586) 493-7849.
About the author
Nick Mordowanec covers Fraser, Clinton Township, Fraser School District, Clintondale Community Schools and Baker College for the Fraser-Clinton Chronicle. Nick has worked for C & G Newspapers since 2013 and graduated from Michigan State University. He has slight obsessions with sports, Seinfeld and Led Zeppelin.
More from C & G Newspapers
Grosse Pointe Farms
Royal Oak / Clawson
- 30 DAYS
- 6 places to purchase the perfect paczki - Metro Detroit
- Economic plans focus on industry, Lakeside - Sterling Heights
- Peck students engineer their own robots - Warren
- Fire Department fights three blazes in four days - Shelby Township
- Local officeholders announce future political decisions - Harrison Township
- Ferndale chef shows culinary skills on new season of ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ - Ferndale
- Pedestrian struck, killed crossing Dequindre - Warren
- Hall Road project planned for 2017 - Shelby Township
- Chippewa graduate to compete on ‘Hell’s Kitchen’ - Clinton Township
- Bald eagles spotted around city - St. Clair Shores
- Park concept plan unveiled - Rochester Hills
- Man shot multiple times, suspect on loose - Clinton Township
- Local student accepted to MIT - Clinton Township
- ‘Floored at the true act of kindness’ - Warren