CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A man who robbed a Fifth Third bank branch on Aug. 12 remains on the loose as of press time.
The unidentified man is being sought by police after robbing the branch located at 19233 15 Mile Road, close to Groesbeck Highway, in Clinton Township.
The robbery occurred Tuesday, Aug. 12, around 10:25 a.m. when the suspect threatened a teller with an alleged weapon and exited the building quickly.
“He went to the bank and approached the teller, stated that he had a gun and (wanted) the money, and made off with an unknown amount of currency,” Clinton Township Police Lt. Eric Reincke said. “He left on foot westbound from the location and possibly got into an unknown vehicle.”
The amount stolen was not given. Clinton Township Police does not usually provide dollar amounts in regards to bank robberies.
The suspect is a white man estimated to be between the ages of 60-75 years old and approximately 220-250 pounds. He’s estimated to be between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-7, wearing black-rimmed glasses, a baseball hat, a beige jacket, a medium blue shirt and khaki shorts. The man was unshaven, having a scruffy beard while medium-length gray hair stuck out from under his baseball hat.
The suspect’s getaway vehicle may have been an older white or silver station wagon-type vehicle.
“We are looking for the public’s help and hopefully someone will identify this guy,” Reincke said. “It’s a pretty good picture.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Clinton Township Police Detective Stephen Rupkus at (586) 493-7849.
- 30 DAYS
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Transit center legal question delayed - Troy
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Parade marches on with cheering crowds - St. Clair Shores
- Drilling ordinances ban fracking - Rochester Hills
- Busy weekend ahead for car and truck enthusiasts - Macomb Township
- High school custodian nominated for ‘distinguished’ award - Royal Oak
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township