CLINTON TOWNSHIP — A man who robbed a Fifth Third bank branch on Aug. 12 remains on the loose as of press time.
The unidentified man is being sought by police after robbing the branch located at 19233 15 Mile Road, close to Groesbeck Highway, in Clinton Township.
The robbery occurred Tuesday, Aug. 12, around 10:25 a.m. when the suspect threatened a teller with an alleged weapon and exited the building quickly.
“He went to the bank and approached the teller, stated that he had a gun and (wanted) the money, and made off with an unknown amount of currency,” Clinton Township Police Lt. Eric Reincke said. “He left on foot westbound from the location and possibly got into an unknown vehicle.”
The amount stolen was not given. Clinton Township Police does not usually provide dollar amounts in regards to bank robberies.
The suspect is a white man estimated to be between the ages of 60-75 years old and approximately 220-250 pounds. He’s estimated to be between 5-foot-5 and 5-foot-7, wearing black-rimmed glasses, a baseball hat, a beige jacket, a medium blue shirt and khaki shorts. The man was unshaven, having a scruffy beard while medium-length gray hair stuck out from under his baseball hat.
The suspect’s getaway vehicle may have been an older white or silver station wagon-type vehicle.
“We are looking for the public’s help and hopefully someone will identify this guy,” Reincke said. “It’s a pretty good picture.”
Anyone with information is asked to call Clinton Township Police Detective Stephen Rupkus at (586) 493-7849.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township