WARREN — An investigation remained ongoing Oct. 23 into a rash of recent break-ins at local smoke shops.
Warren Police Detective Cpl. Scott Isaacson said the same suspect or suspects apparently targeted four local tobacco retailers: Sam’s Smokers Center, on Hayes north of 13 Mile Road, was targeted on both Oct. 9 and Oct. 19; M & A Smokers, on Schoenherr at Stevens, and Warren Tobacco Plus, at 12 Mile and Schoenherr, were also both targeted on Oct. 19; and Smoke-N-More, on Schoenherr at Sidonie, was targeted on Oct. 22.
All of the break-ins or attempts were made in the early morning hours. Isaacson said the three that occurred between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. Oct. 19 were very similar.
“On all three that night there was entry through an adjacent building or business and an attempt to break through the adjoining walls,” Isaacson said. “They tried to break through the dry wall to get in.”
Isaacson said all three break-ins on Oct. 19 were unsuccessful. An unspecified amount of cigarettes and cigars were taken during the break-in on Oct. 9 at Sam’s Smokers Center.
All five incidents remained under investigation at press time.
“We have forensic evidence to show that they’re all related,” Isaacson said.
Anyone with information about the break-ins can reach the Warren Police Department at (586) 574-4700.
- 30 DAYS
- Brothers start nonprofit activity program for children with special needs - Ferndale
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- BHS junior’s personal essay brings national writing recognition - Berkley
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Village bar and restaurant offers nod to Prohibition history - Grosse Pointe City
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights
- Young boy shot in head - Clinton Township