WARREN — An investigation remained ongoing Oct. 23 into a rash of recent break-ins at local smoke shops.
Warren Police Detective Cpl. Scott Isaacson said the same suspect or suspects apparently targeted four local tobacco retailers: Sam’s Smokers Center, on Hayes north of 13 Mile Road, was targeted on both Oct. 9 and Oct. 19; M & A Smokers, on Schoenherr at Stevens, and Warren Tobacco Plus, at 12 Mile and Schoenherr, were also both targeted on Oct. 19; and Smoke-N-More, on Schoenherr at Sidonie, was targeted on Oct. 22.
All of the break-ins or attempts were made in the early morning hours. Isaacson said the three that occurred between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. Oct. 19 were very similar.
“On all three that night there was entry through an adjacent building or business and an attempt to break through the adjoining walls,” Isaacson said. “They tried to break through the dry wall to get in.”
Isaacson said all three break-ins on Oct. 19 were unsuccessful. An unspecified amount of cigarettes and cigars were taken during the break-in on Oct. 9 at Sam’s Smokers Center.
All five incidents remained under investigation at press time.
“We have forensic evidence to show that they’re all related,” Isaacson said.
Anyone with information about the break-ins can reach the Warren Police Department at (586) 574-4700.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township