CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 24-year-old Clinton Township man that occurred the evening of May 5 at Prince Drewry Park in Clinton Township.
Clinton Township Det. Capt. Richard Maierle said the victim was shot once in the chest around 6:50 p.m. at the park, which is located next to Robbie Hall Parker Elementary School on Quinn Road, east of Gratiot. The victim’s family drove him to McLaren Macomb hospital in Mount Clemens, where he was pronounced dead on arrival, he said.
Detectives were continuing to investigate the events that led to the shooting, including reports of an argument that occurred, Maierle said.
There were about 20 to 30 other people in the park at the time, he said.
Police are asking witnesses to call investigators at (586) 493-7847 or (586) 493-7840.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township