Published May 6, 2013
Police investigate fatal shooting at Clinton Twp. park
By Nico Rubello email@example.com
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 24-year-old Clinton Township man that occurred the evening of May 5 at Prince Drewry Park in Clinton Township.
Clinton Township Det. Capt. Richard Maierle said the victim was shot once in the chest around 6:50 p.m. at the park, which is located next to Robbie Hall Parker Elementary School on Quinn Road, east of Gratiot. The victim’s family drove him to McLaren Macomb hospital in Mount Clemens, where he was pronounced dead on arrival, he said.
Detectives were continuing to investigate the events that led to the shooting, including reports of an argument that occurred, Maierle said.
There were about 20 to 30 other people in the park at the time, he said.
Police are asking witnesses to call investigators at (586) 493-7847 or (586) 493-7840.
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Don’t be behind the curve on roundabouts - Metro Detroit
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley