Police investigate fatal shooting at Clinton Twp. park
Published May 6, 2013
CLINTON TOWNSHIP — Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a 24-year-old Clinton Township man that occurred the evening of May 5 at Prince Drewry Park in Clinton Township.
Clinton Township Det. Capt. Richard Maierle said the victim was shot once in the chest around 6:50 p.m. at the park, which is located next to Robbie Hall Parker Elementary School on Quinn Road, east of Gratiot. The victim’s family drove him to McLaren Macomb hospital in Mount Clemens, where he was pronounced dead on arrival, he said.
Detectives were continuing to investigate the events that led to the shooting, including reports of an argument that occurred, Maierle said.
There were about 20 to 30 other people in the park at the time, he said.
Police are asking witnesses to call investigators at (586) 493-7847 or (586) 493-7840.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights