WARREN – A 23-year-old Warren man has been charged with felony assault for allegedly shooting an acquaintance in the leg during an altercation in the 8000 block of Orchard.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Vincent Robert Williams was arraigned in the 37th District Court before Judge Dean Ausilio April 8 on a single count of assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony.
Police were notified after a 23-year-old Eastpointe man was reportedly shot once in the lower leg with a .22-caliber rifle at about 2 a.m. April 6. The victim was taken to the hospital where he was later listed in stable condition.
Mills said the shooting was the end result of an argument between the victim and a third acquainted individual that began earlier at a neighborhood gas station.
“The victim was involved in an altercation with someone else at a gas station. The victim went over the suspect’s house and challenged him to another fight,” Mills said. “He came out, one round was fired and he was shot in the leg.”
Police responded to the hospital and later went back to the home on Orchard, near Toepfer and Van Dyke, where Williams was arrested.
The judge set bail for Williams at $10,000 cash or surety. He requested court-appointed legal counsel and was scheduled to appear for a probable cause hearing at 8:45 a.m. April. 16.
- 30 DAYS
- Local families participate in kidney walk - Macomb Township
- Ride to explore sights of St. Clair Shores - St. Clair Shores
- Sterling Heights teen to sing in Nashville — and at Sterlingfest - Sterling Heights
- Teens caught shooting paintballs at homes - St. Clair Shores
- Decades of Dress features ageless fashion - Rochester Hills
- Kyte Monroe Park rededicated to ensure coach’s legacy lives on - St. Clair Shores
- New Kroger could be finished by Thanksgiving - Roseville
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township
- Madison district plans next phase of consolidated campus - Madison Heights