Police: Eastpointe man shot in leg during dispute
April 9, 2013
WARREN – A 23-year-old Warren man has been charged with felony assault for allegedly shooting an acquaintance in the leg during an altercation in the 8000 block of Orchard.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Vincent Robert Williams was arraigned in the 37th District Court before Judge Dean Ausilio April 8 on a single count of assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony.
Police were notified after a 23-year-old Eastpointe man was reportedly shot once in the lower leg with a .22-caliber rifle at about 2 a.m. April 6. The victim was taken to the hospital where he was later listed in stable condition.
Mills said the shooting was the end result of an argument between the victim and a third acquainted individual that began earlier at a neighborhood gas station.
“The victim was involved in an altercation with someone else at a gas station. The victim went over the suspect’s house and challenged him to another fight,” Mills said. “He came out, one round was fired and he was shot in the leg.”
Police responded to the hospital and later went back to the home on Orchard, near Toepfer and Van Dyke, where Williams was arrested.
The judge set bail for Williams at $10,000 cash or surety. He requested court-appointed legal counsel and was scheduled to appear for a probable cause hearing at 8:45 a.m. April. 16.
About the author
Staff Writer Brian Louwers covers the cities of Warren and Center Line. He has worked for C & G Newspapers since 1998 and is a graduate of the University of Michigan-Dearborn. In his free time, he participates in the Michigan State University Extension Master Gardener Volunteer Program and conducts interviews with military veterans for the Veterans History Project at the Library of Congress.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights