WarrenApril 9, 2013
Police: Eastpointe man shot in leg during dispute
By Brian Louwers
C & G Staff Writer
WARREN – A 23-year-old Warren man has been charged with felony assault for allegedly shooting an acquaintance in the leg during an altercation in the 8000 block of Orchard.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Vincent Robert Williams was arraigned in the 37th District Court before Judge Dean Ausilio April 8 on a single count of assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony.
Police were notified after a 23-year-old Eastpointe man was reportedly shot once in the lower leg with a .22-caliber rifle at about 2 a.m. April 6. The victim was taken to the hospital where he was later listed in stable condition.
Mills said the shooting was the end result of an argument between the victim and a third acquainted individual that began earlier at a neighborhood gas station.
“The victim was involved in an altercation with someone else at a gas station. The victim went over the suspect’s house and challenged him to another fight,” Mills said. “He came out, one round was fired and he was shot in the leg.”
Police responded to the hospital and later went back to the home on Orchard, near Toepfer and Van Dyke, where Williams was arrested.
The judge set bail for Williams at $10,000 cash or surety. He requested court-appointed legal counsel and was scheduled to appear for a probable cause hearing at 8:45 a.m. April. 16.
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- Christmas Wonderfest brings holiday wonder to Novi - Metro Detroit
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- All in the family
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape