Published April 9, 2013
Police: Eastpointe man shot in leg during dispute
By Brian Louwers email@example.com
WARREN – A 23-year-old Warren man has been charged with felony assault for allegedly shooting an acquaintance in the leg during an altercation in the 8000 block of Orchard.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Vincent Robert Williams was arraigned in the 37th District Court before Judge Dean Ausilio April 8 on a single count of assault with a dangerous weapon, a four-year felony.
Police were notified after a 23-year-old Eastpointe man was reportedly shot once in the lower leg with a .22-caliber rifle at about 2 a.m. April 6. The victim was taken to the hospital where he was later listed in stable condition.
Mills said the shooting was the end result of an argument between the victim and a third acquainted individual that began earlier at a neighborhood gas station.
“The victim was involved in an altercation with someone else at a gas station. The victim went over the suspect’s house and challenged him to another fight,” Mills said. “He came out, one round was fired and he was shot in the leg.”
Police responded to the hospital and later went back to the home on Orchard, near Toepfer and Van Dyke, where Williams was arrested.
The judge set bail for Williams at $10,000 cash or surety. He requested court-appointed legal counsel and was scheduled to appear for a probable cause hearing at 8:45 a.m. April. 16.
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- Dozens file for Warren city offices as lawsuit lingers - Warren
- List of intersection accident data released - Metro Detroit
- Detroit Zoo crowdfunds to harness energy from poop - Metro Detroit
- Rebuilding Together breathes new life into homes - Farmington Hills
- Alleged murderer of party store owner to stand trial - Clinton Township
- Crime down, quality of department up in 2014 - Royal Oak
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- By the book: Experts explain how strange, outdated laws manage to stick around - Metro Detroit
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Jazz pros, students to celebrate music of past and present at April 30 concert - Detroit
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson