Published April 26, 2013
Police arrest trio after shots heard in neighborhood
By April Lehmbeck email@example.com
Police tracked down three men at a home in the 19900 block of Lancaster after shots were fired in the area at about 1:30 p.m. April 25, according to police information.
Harper Woods police officers in the area heard two gunshots, and calls started coming into 911 about gunshots heard in that area, as well.
After locating the home where the shots were heard, officers set up a perimeter while nearby public safety officers from the Grosse Pointes arrived to assist.
“Officers were unable to make contact and the Eastern Wayne Special Response Team (EWSRT) was activated to assist,” Harper Woods Police Chief James Burke stated in a Nixle.com release.
After the special response team made contact, the suspects surrendered and were held without bond.
Safety precautions were taken with local schools.
“Due to the proximity of numerous schools to the incident location, both Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe school districts and several charter schools were placed in lockdown for the safety of our kids,” Burke stated. “No injuries were reported.”
- 24 HRS
- 7 DAYS
- 30 DAYS
- New kiosk to assist Stony Creek cyclists - Sterling Heights
- Trial continues for man accused of shooting acquaintance - St. Clair Shores
- Pub Crawl will raise money for Madison Heights Memorial Day Parade - Madison Heights
- Center Line begins search for new city manager - Center Line
- Thoroughbred meet starting soon at Hazel Park Raceway - Hazel Park
- E-Lounge and I-Connect begin 2015 season - Madison Heights
- GM nets big tax break in Warren - Warren
- Rock community ready to roast local show promoter - Roseville
- Farewell to the Field event takes a look back - Clawson
- Tour the chocolate factory with Lamphere High’s ‘Willy Wonka’ - Madison Heights
- Bank robbers detained after high-speed pursuit - Harrison Township
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- Kroger receives approval for $25 million marketplace - Royal Oak
- Selfridge’s 127th Wing to fight Islamic State - Harrison Township
- Stolen wedding ring a fake report, police say - St. Clair Shores
- Police investigate fatal single-vehicle crash - Shelby Township
- Construction continues at Macomb Mall - Roseville
- Frankenfoods: Are GMOs as scary as people think? - Metro Detroit
- Man in skeleton hoodie robs 7-Eleven - St. Clair Shores
- Jump for Trevor helps teen in need of a heart transplant - Southfield
- Berkley, Huntington Woods rank in top 10 places to live in Michigan - Berkley