Police arrest trio after shots heard in neighborhood
Published April 26, 2013
Police tracked down three men at a home in the 19900 block of Lancaster after shots were fired in the area at about 1:30 p.m. April 25, according to police information.
Harper Woods police officers in the area heard two gunshots, and calls started coming into 911 about gunshots heard in that area, as well.
After locating the home where the shots were heard, officers set up a perimeter while nearby public safety officers from the Grosse Pointes arrived to assist.
“Officers were unable to make contact and the Eastern Wayne Special Response Team (EWSRT) was activated to assist,” Harper Woods Police Chief James Burke stated in a Nixle.com release.
After the special response team made contact, the suspects surrendered and were held without bond.
Safety precautions were taken with local schools.
“Due to the proximity of numerous schools to the incident location, both Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe school districts and several charter schools were placed in lockdown for the safety of our kids,” Burke stated. “No injuries were reported.”
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township