Police tracked down three men at a home in the 19900 block of Lancaster after shots were fired in the area at about 1:30 p.m. April 25, according to police information.
Harper Woods police officers in the area heard two gunshots, and calls started coming into 911 about gunshots heard in that area, as well.
After locating the home where the shots were heard, officers set up a perimeter while nearby public safety officers from the Grosse Pointes arrived to assist.
“Officers were unable to make contact and the Eastern Wayne Special Response Team (EWSRT) was activated to assist,” Harper Woods Police Chief James Burke stated in a Nixle.com release.
After the special response team made contact, the suspects surrendered and were held without bond.
Safety precautions were taken with local schools.
“Due to the proximity of numerous schools to the incident location, both Harper Woods and Grosse Pointe school districts and several charter schools were placed in lockdown for the safety of our kids,” Burke stated. “No injuries were reported.”
- 30 DAYS
- EPA work to close Harper Avenue for weeks - St. Clair Shores
- Meijer plans curbside pickup - Rochester Hills
- Shelby to Utica trail connection work to wrap up Nov. 15 - Shelby Township
- K-9 to receive bulletproof vest - Grosse Pointe Woods
- Police chief recognized for domestic violence prevention - Southfield
- Rochester hires new city manager - Rochester
- New bill hopes to curb inhumane puppy mill operations - Lansing
- Teacher uses bracelets to spread positive behavior - Roseville
- Men steal thousands in cigarettes - St. Clair Shores
- Serious crash occurs at 23 Mile and Schoenherr - Shelby Township
- Roseville teacher honored for 48 years of service - Roseville
- Police say deceased man found below tower likely took own life - Shelby Township
- Made in Michigan Festival returns with race, food trucks and more - St. Clair Shores
- Woman killed in boating accident on Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township