Sterling HeightsMay 3, 2013
New stores drive changes at Lakeside
By Eric Czarnik
C & G Staff Writer
Four new stores are helping give Lakeside Mall a spring makeover.
In an April 30 announcement, Lakeside Mall said the new tenants are now part of its selection of around 150 retailers.
Despite the growth of online shopping, a stellar lineup of stores encourages shoppers to make the trip to brick-and-mortar buildings, according to Amy Stanton, marketing manager at Lakeside’s owner, General Growth Properties.
“We work every day to keep Lakeside safe, clean and welcoming to provide an outstanding environment and experience for our shoppers,” Stanton said in an email. “Renovations have included the addition of new retailers.”
The following are the new additions to the Lakeside tenant family:
• Body Central, a women’s clothing store that sells swimsuits and sportswear, as well as dresses and shoes, is now on the upper level of the Sears corridor.
• Maurices is a new women’s clothing store that is opening on the lower level in J.C. Penney’s wing. The store sells clothes in sizes 1-24.
• P.S. from Aeropostale may be found on the lower level of the mall’s Center Court. The store sells children’s clothing geared at ages 4-12 and is part of 103 such stores in 22 states.
• Sephora made its debut May 3 inside the second floor of J.C. Penney. The shop sells makeup, perfume and skin products.
The timing of the new stores announcement coincides with the shopping season for Mother’s Day, which falls this year on May 12. The mall is also hosting a Girls Night Out event 6-8 p.m. May 8 that will offer deals, free samples and other perks at 20 participating retailers.
“The majority of Lakeside shoppers are women and families, so we do plan promotions with these customers in mind,” Stanton said. “Our Girls Night Out is a terrific opportunity to shop for Mom.”
Wayne Oehmke, president and CEO of the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce & Industry, was happy to hear the news of Lakeside gaining tenants. He said he recently heard positive news about commercial real estate occupancy from a property management firm’s leasing agent.
“While there are still vacancies, we can definitely see businesses on an uptick,” he said. “I came to the chamber five years ago … and couldn’t have come at a worse time. It’s really exciting to watch them come up.”
Learn more about Lakeside Mall, 14000 Lakeside Circle, at www.shop-lakesidemall.com or at (586) 247-1590. You can “Like” the mall’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShopLakesideMall. Contact the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce & Industry at www.suscc.com or at (586) 731-5400.
- Last 24 Hours
- Last 7 Days
- Last 30 Days
- All in the family - Clinton Township
- Police disciplined following internal investigation of videos - Grosse Pointe Park
- Wave of catalytic converter thefts hits Hazel Park - Hazel Park
- Christmas Parade celebrates community - Rochester
- Looking Back: 1920s Coolidge Highway - Berkley
- Local libation lovers whip up cocktails with a holiday twist - Royal Oak
- Police investigating attempted arson at home - Warren
- Missing woman found dead - West Bloomfield
- Emagine scraps plans for Roseville location - Roseville
- Warren man killed in hit-and-run accident - Hazel Park
- Man robs Roseville bank - Roseville
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall - Berkley
- Police seek help in fatal hit-and-run - Clinton Township
- Goodfellows groups work to help with the holidays - Eastpointe
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer - Shelby Township
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams - Walled Lake
- Mom, man she met online to stand trial on child sex charge - Warren
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee - Macomb Township
- East Detroit student dies following pool accident - Eastpointe
- Attorney dies in Harper Avenue crash - St. Clair Shores
- CVHS students to stage production of ‘Hairspray’ - Clinton Township
- Voters approve human rights ordinance - Royal Oak
- Sterling woman hurt in shooting - Sterling Heights
- Christmas comes to the Shores - St. Clair Shores
- County board considers regional water authority proposal - Macomb County
- Shelby boy battles rare form of cancer
- Lions Thanksgiving halftime show spotlights WLC band, cheer teams
- Macomb Home Depot creates college scholarship in honor of deceased employee
- Child prodigy becomes youngest artist exhibited at Park West Gallery
- BHS Orchestra selected to perform at Carnegie Hall
- Digital diet could help put emotions, priorities in shape
- Rochester girl makes bracelets, raises funds for animal rescue organization