Four new stores are helping give Lakeside Mall a spring makeover.
In an April 30 announcement, Lakeside Mall said the new tenants are now part of its selection of around 150 retailers.
Despite the growth of online shopping, a stellar lineup of stores encourages shoppers to make the trip to brick-and-mortar buildings, according to Amy Stanton, marketing manager at Lakeside’s owner, General Growth Properties.
“We work every day to keep Lakeside safe, clean and welcoming to provide an outstanding environment and experience for our shoppers,” Stanton said in an email. “Renovations have included the addition of new retailers.”
The following are the new additions to the Lakeside tenant family:
• Body Central, a women’s clothing store that sells swimsuits and sportswear, as well as dresses and shoes, is now on the upper level of the Sears corridor.
• Maurices is a new women’s clothing store that is opening on the lower level in J.C. Penney’s wing. The store sells clothes in sizes 1-24.
• P.S. from Aeropostale may be found on the lower level of the mall’s Center Court. The store sells children’s clothing geared at ages 4-12 and is part of 103 such stores in 22 states.
• Sephora made its debut May 3 inside the second floor of J.C. Penney. The shop sells makeup, perfume and skin products.
The timing of the new stores announcement coincides with the shopping season for Mother’s Day, which falls this year on May 12. The mall is also hosting a Girls Night Out event 6-8 p.m. May 8 that will offer deals, free samples and other perks at 20 participating retailers.
“The majority of Lakeside shoppers are women and families, so we do plan promotions with these customers in mind,” Stanton said. “Our Girls Night Out is a terrific opportunity to shop for Mom.”
Wayne Oehmke, president and CEO of the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce & Industry, was happy to hear the news of Lakeside gaining tenants. He said he recently heard positive news about commercial real estate occupancy from a property management firm’s leasing agent.
“While there are still vacancies, we can definitely see businesses on an uptick,” he said. “I came to the chamber five years ago … and couldn’t have come at a worse time. It’s really exciting to watch them come up.”
Learn more about Lakeside Mall, 14000 Lakeside Circle, at www.shop-lakesidemall.com or at (586) 247-1590. You can “Like” the mall’s Facebook page at www.facebook.com/ShopLakesideMall. Contact the Sterling Heights Regional Chamber of Commerce & Industry at www.suscc.com or at (586) 731-5400.
- 30 DAYS
- Fraser High band to perform at college football bowl game - Fraser
- Driver in crash that killed teen faces murder charge - Sterling Heights
- Local chef, culinary students help those in need this Thanksgiving - St. Clair Shores
- New Fraser council members sworn in - Fraser
- Harper reopened for traffic - St. Clair Shores
- No injuries after shot fired during robbery - Roseville
- Students share words of thanks during holiday week - Clawson
- Explosion rocks neighborhood - St. Clair Shores
- Kramer Homes offers gift of community for disabled vet - Center Line
- Stein Mart opens first metro Detroit store in Rochester Hills - Rochester Hills
- Hollywood actress partners with Clawson women in warming cause - Clawson
- Police arrest suspect in hit-and-run of Troy High School student - Troy
- Commissioners approve Oakland County Animal Control’s new ‘forever home’ - Oakland County
- Chaldean foundation opens new community center - Sterling Heights