The Southfield Police Department had received word of the guy before.
Every once in a while, a report would come in from residents about an elderly man who was spotting strolling through Inglenook Park, located on 12 Mile, between Evergreen and Lahser roads, stark naked, according to Lt. Nick Loussia.
“Officers received reports on several different occasions that there was an elderly, white male walking around naked,” Loussia said. “The reports came in over a period of time, and no other information than that description was given.”
At around 7:55 p.m. Oct. 13, the suspect was nabbed, and in his usual state, police said.
“One of our officers went on patrol there and observed an entirely nude male near the restroom area,” Loussia explained. “(The officer) just happened to go in there on patrol, based on previous reports, and when he pulled in there, it happened to be at the right time.”
The situation was investigated, and it was determined that the buff man, who had no personal belongings or identification on him, was a 66-year-old Southfield resident, and likely the same subject behind the prior reports of public nudity in that park.
Loussia added that they had no mental health information on the man and that he was arrested and charged with indecent exposure.
“He just liked to walk around the park naked,” he said.
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township