The Southfield Police Department had received word of the guy before.
Every once in a while, a report would come in from residents about an elderly man who was spotting strolling through Inglenook Park, located on 12 Mile, between Evergreen and Lahser roads, stark naked, according to Lt. Nick Loussia.
“Officers received reports on several different occasions that there was an elderly, white male walking around naked,” Loussia said. “The reports came in over a period of time, and no other information than that description was given.”
At around 7:55 p.m. Oct. 13, the suspect was nabbed, and in his usual state, police said.
“One of our officers went on patrol there and observed an entirely nude male near the restroom area,” Loussia explained. “(The officer) just happened to go in there on patrol, based on previous reports, and when he pulled in there, it happened to be at the right time.”
The situation was investigated, and it was determined that the buff man, who had no personal belongings or identification on him, was a 66-year-old Southfield resident, and likely the same subject behind the prior reports of public nudity in that park.
Loussia added that they had no mental health information on the man and that he was arrested and charged with indecent exposure.
“He just liked to walk around the park naked,” he said.
- 30 DAYS
- When time is short, some tips to start your round off right - Metro Detroit
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Event will make splash in Lake St. Clair - Harrison Township
- ‘Mother of all buyouts’ comes to Farmington Public Schools - Farmington Hills
- The pieces come together for library mosaic mural - Sterling Heights
- Birmingham’s Rick Joseph is state’s top teacher - Bloomfield Hills
- ‘Get into the pit’ or enjoy some ‘pop’ - Chesterfield Township
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe
- Three 17-year-olds die in single-vehicle crash at park - Shelby Township