WARREN — Police said a 24-year-old Warren man died of injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash at the intersection of Grosebeck and 11 Mile Road at 10:50 p.m. July 20.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Evan Urbaniak died at the hospital after the 1982 Yamaha motorcycle he was operating on westbound 11 Mile reportedly went through a red light and was struck by a black, 2012 Jeep traveling north on Groesbeck at about 10 p.m.
“We had independent witnesses,” Mills said. “There was no indication of any alcohol use. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor. A helmet was worn.”
Urbaniak was reportedly taken to a local hospital and transferred by air to another facility, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police said a 33-year-old Warren woman, riding as a passenger on the motorcycle, was also transported to the hospital for treatment and listed in stable condition. The driver of the Jeep was apparently unharmed.
Call Staff Writer Brian Louwers at (586) 498-1089
- 30 DAYS
- Woman carjacked outside Lakeside Mall - Sterling Heights
- Armed suspect robs restaurant patron - Grosse Pointes
- Berkley, Ferndale named top places for young professionals in metro Detroit - Berkley
- Police searching for serial poop-smearing suspects - Utica
- State says to watch for invasive beetle on Michigan’s doorstep - Metro Detroit
- Motorcylist dies shortly after collision on Gratiot Avenue - Clinton Township
- Man found dead in prayer position in front yard of home - Troy
- Shopping center, Kroger coming to 26 Mile and Van Dyke - Shelby Township
- From shipping container to residential development - Metro Detroit
- Macomb Township native sings her way into finals of ‘America’s Got Talent’ - Macomb Township
- Woman killed in head-on collision on Lake Shore - Grosse Pointe Farms
- Crash survivor arraigned on alcohol charge - Shelby Township
- From student to principal - Clinton Township
- Put proper hydration on your summer to-do list - Metro Detroit