WARREN — Police said a 24-year-old Warren man died of injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash at the intersection of Grosebeck and 11 Mile Road at 10:50 p.m. July 20.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Evan Urbaniak died at the hospital after the 1982 Yamaha motorcycle he was operating on westbound 11 Mile reportedly went through a red light and was struck by a black, 2012 Jeep traveling north on Groesbeck at about 10 p.m.
“We had independent witnesses,” Mills said. “There was no indication of any alcohol use. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor. A helmet was worn.”
Urbaniak was reportedly taken to a local hospital and transferred by air to another facility, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police said a 33-year-old Warren woman, riding as a passenger on the motorcycle, was also transported to the hospital for treatment and listed in stable condition. The driver of the Jeep was apparently unharmed.
Call Staff Writer Brian Louwers at (586) 498-1089
- 30 DAYS
- Strap in pets and keep them cool in the car - Metro Detroit
- Seeing green: LTU named one of nation’s eco colleges - Southfield
- Lakefront residents continue to deal with stinky muck - Harrison Township
- Fillmore Elementary to close, merge with Black - Sterling Heights
- JLD Designers’ Show House to be back in Park in 2016 - Grosse Pointe Park
- Woman faces child abuse charges after infant found injured - Eastpointe
- Planet Lori gives kids touched by cancer chance to be young again - Birmingham
- Military museum announces upcoming event plans - Eastpointe
- BHS recognized as one of the most challenging high schools in the state - Berkley
- Auto accident critically injures Stevenson student - Sterling Heights
- A mother’s dream come true - Macomb Township
- Stevenson student dies after M-53 accident - Sterling Heights
- Sheriff shares latest developments in fatal Stony Creek crash - Shelby Township
- East Detroit approves school uniform policy - Eastpointe