WARREN — Police said a 24-year-old Warren man died of injuries sustained in a motorcycle crash at the intersection of Grosebeck and 11 Mile Road at 10:50 p.m. July 20.
According to Warren Police Detective Sgt. Stephen Mills, Evan Urbaniak died at the hospital after the 1982 Yamaha motorcycle he was operating on westbound 11 Mile reportedly went through a red light and was struck by a black, 2012 Jeep traveling north on Groesbeck at about 10 p.m.
“We had independent witnesses,” Mills said. “There was no indication of any alcohol use. Alcohol does not appear to be a factor. A helmet was worn.”
Urbaniak was reportedly taken to a local hospital and transferred by air to another facility, where he was later pronounced dead.
Police said a 33-year-old Warren woman, riding as a passenger on the motorcycle, was also transported to the hospital for treatment and listed in stable condition. The driver of the Jeep was apparently unharmed.
Call Staff Writer Brian Louwers at (586) 498-1089
- 30 DAYS
- School board member’s Facebook post a ‘mistake’ - Roseville
- ‘Justice for Theresa’ served, killer gets life in prison - Warren
- Suspect charged with carjacking 97-year-old woman - Warren
- Local mom creates app to preserve memories - Farmington Hills
- Plans to connect Troy to the Clinton River Trail proceed - Troy
- Movie theater to undergo $8.5 million renovation - Clinton Township
- New micro housing project receives green light - Royal Oak
- Goodbye Bloomfield Park, hello Village at Bloomfield - Bloomfield Township
- St. Joan of Arc considering fence, admission to keep peace at ’16 fair - St. Clair Shores
- Menards now looking at fall 2015 opening - Warren
- Seniors lose graduation privileges after Stoney Creek High School vandalism - Rochester Hills
- Stoney Creek student overcomes leukemia to graduate, heads to Harvard - Rochester Hills
- Three in custody tied to robberies at 7-Eleven, Family Video - Warren
- Some pig - Shelby Township